Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just learned about this game through a geek list- cutest print and play games. I printed it on Friday and we've played almost 10 games since then. The girls love it- a quick fantasy/fairy tale adventure with enough variety and choices to keep a 7 year old interested.

Thanks for the game.

Have you considered making other games like this one? In your opinion, are there any other games similar to it that the girls would enjoy?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! It's very nice to know that your girls are enjoying the game. The additional scenario book put together by Ruber is a fun way to add some variety and extend the life of the game, too.

Are you looking for more fantasy/fairy tale adventure games, or cooperative adventure games, or just fun print-and-play games for kids?

For fairy tale games, maybe Enchanted Forest? It's more memory than adventure, but it's a cute little game that combines elements from different fairy tales. There's also the print-and-play game 12 Realms, although I haven't yet tried that one, so I'm not sure about the mechanics. It's got great artwork, though, and the comments indicate that it works with kids.

For cooperative adventure games, my kids really enjoy Forbidden Island and Break the Safe (out of print, but easy to pick up secondhand). Because they like cooperative games so much, I sometimes make cooperative variants for other games, like this one for The Powerpuff Girls: Saving the World Before Bedtime (also OOP, but easy to find).

As for print-and-play games for kids, unfortunately, there aren't too many on BGG, but Chunky Fighters is one that my kids love. Also, please forgive me for recommending my own game, Reindeer Races. Our family has had a lot of fun with it (even if they are a little biased ). The Gaston Game is very fun, too. A revised version of that one is scheduled to be published, but the original is still available as a print-and-play game. (Disclaimer: I'm involved with the yet-to-be-published version, but not the currently-available, print-and-play one.) I've designed some other kids' games that aren't on BGG, but I'm always happy to share them via geekmail if you're interested. At this point, though, I don't have any that are story-driven in the same way that FTiMP is.

Edit: I also have to include a recommendation for Sleeping Queens, just in case you haven't come across it. And given your microbadge, I'd also recommend Disney Pixar Cars 2 Sorry Sliders: World Grand Prix Race Edition, even though it's really nothing like FTiMP, but we've been having an absolute blast playing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gameplayer guy
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions! I just downloaded Reindeer Races and 12 Realms (the fairy tale version). Chunky Fighters is not our cup o tea.

The Gaston Game looks interesting, what's the ETA for the published version? Where does the game's title come from?

We've got sleeping queens, cars 2 sliders and forbidden island and I agree they are good games for the kids.

We also like Magic Labryinth, Rat a tat cat, Zeus on the Loose and Scrabble Slam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't have a release date for The Gaston Game. Gaston is a ladybug character in a kids' TV show, so the game will be renamed for the published version (along with new artwork, deck composition, and some additions and changes in how it's played).

I hope you enjoy Reindeer Races and 12 Realms! I actually have the card deck for 12 Realms (from ArtsCow), but haven't taken the time to put together the rest of the game. Rat-a-Tat Cat and Zeus on the Loose both get a lot of play at our house, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Just want to also say thank you so much, my boys (5 and 7) really like this game too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're very welcome !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.