Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen,

I will be out of town for a week and a half so I am posting the next few missions so there will not be an interruption in our weekly schedule. You can play them all at once or wait to do the latter ones to keep in the flow.

Major Pfalzstaff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
151st BS ......... 152nd BS ......... 153rd BS ......... 154th BS

BG...................BB...................GB..................GG

As the Major watches the returning planes he is relieved to see all 24 planes will be safely in bed…

Due to heavy cloud cover and inclement weather the Eighth Army Air Force was recalled as the crossed the French coast. Only one group reports any in of aggressive enemy activity, which resulted in no losses. One of the 4th Fighter Groups P-47 was lost over the Channel after a mechanical failure. Pilot was rescued.

“Gentlemen thank you for your report, you are dismissed. Go get some grub....” Good luck and Gods speed boys!”

MISSION Sixty-four (1):
Date: Sunday, June 15, 1943
Primary Target: Villocoublay, Germany – Aerodrome.

Secondary Target: none
Bomb Load: 10 x 500 lb G.P. bombs
Bombing Altitude: 23,000 ft (Low Group)

Gazetteer:
Outbound & Inbound: N/A - RECALLED

[b]SPECIAL NOTE FOR GAZETTEER:

[i] This mission will not be flown in our campaign as it was been recalled. If you wish you may post an AAR describing your flight to the French coast and back. There will be NO enemy activity and NO flak encountered.

Target Flak: N/A
Target Weather: Stormy 10/10 Cloud Cover; -6 to bomb drop
Base Weather: poor

(8th Fighter Command 4th FG outbound, 78th FG inbound)
Zone 2 outbound: none
Zone 3 outbound: none
Zone 4 outbound: none
Zone 5 outbound: poor
Zone 5 inbound: none
Zone 4 inbound: none
Zone 3 inbound: none
Zone 2 inbound: poor

Note: Gents, don’t forget to add your Squadron Positions modifiers to the above Gazetteer values. Mission recalled no need to go here!!!.

Mission Special Rules: DO NOT FLY THIS MISSION. Please go to mission 64-2.

-Rolled up Mission: (from “The Mighty 8th War Diary by R.A.Freeman) Mission 64 for the Eighth Army Air Force all bombardment groups were recalled.

(From 303rd BG web page) Even though this mission was recalled the 303rd reports making it to the target. Following is an excerpt from their mission report page, mission 43A.

“The formation reached the target area to find solid overcast skies making it impossible to locate the target. Limited visibility made formation flying difficult. The formation turned back to sea. Due to vapor trails that obscured the leader, only seven B-17s remained in the Group formation. At this time ME-109s and FW-109s attacked from all directions. They were flying in Squadrons of 4, 12 and 20 aircraft. Fifteen minutes after turning back to sea, a cluster of flak was encountered. The formation, having been able to re-form, dropped its bombs when the flak came up. Bombs were dropped in the vicinity of Norden-Osage-Darnum and the Island of Norderney. Several 303rd BG (H) aircraft bombed with another Group, being unable to rejoin their Squadron when the formation scattered.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, please remember I would like players to, at a minimum, list the Crew (pilots name with rank and Planes name of their Fortress at the beginning of all AAR post to help me facilitate updating the Roster List? Please use the format below as this will help me create the list in a timely manor.

If this format is not followed I may have to pass over your record as it takes more time to compile than it should have to. Adding this information will make it much easier to assemble this extra fluff for our campaign. Please remember to also add your pilot’s rank.

Thank You!

EXAMPLE wrote:
Pilot: 1st Lt.. Andy Anybody
B-17: "Bombs Alot/Miss Alot"

Also please add your Bombardment Squadron somewhere at the top too. This will help me in data entry. i.e. 154th BS

Jim P cool
Thanks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
281st BG (V) Aircraft Roster for Mission 64-1 [Villocoublay, Germany – Aerodrome]

- Player's Squadron Assignment can be found at this thread: Squadron Assignment

- Squadron Positions for this mission can be found at this thread: Squadron Positions

Mission : (Volunteers)
---- Lead: TBD
---- Tail: TBD

Pending AAR Submissions .

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Squadron Operation Officer
Elveden Hall, UK
3rd Bombardment Division HQ

(edits; Crews added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Finally ! A milk run !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer72 wrote:

Finally ! A milk run !

yes, but it will not count for mission credit!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.