Luna Llena: Full Moon» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does finding the trace work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I got a question on finding traces. So lets say we're in the middle hex and the werewolf player has a trace going:

North, North, Noth-West...

So lets say the kids went North-West, North, so they should have two traces N and N-E of them.

If they do the Explore action, will they find anything?

I had trouble understanding if they only find traces, if they are on a hex with trace...

I'm not sure if I put this question very clear... Basically what I'm asking is, can the kids find a trace that goes "past" them or only follow a trace that goes "through" them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question on explore action...
The kids usually "explore", if and where the trail crosses the borders of the hex they are in. Most of the time, there are two borders crossed. One with the trail "coming in" (mostly this is known, if they followed it) and one "going out" - that`s the one they want to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
The kids usually "explore", if and where the trail crosses the borders of the hex they are in. Most of the time, there are two borders crossed. One with the trail "coming in" (mostly this is known, if they followed it) and one "going out" - that`s the one they want to find.

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your reply. I'm still a bit confused... you use the word "usually" and "want". I'm quite aware of that, the problem is what I wanted to know is if the kids can find a trace when they are on a hex which the trace does not cross, but which is adjacent to a hex crossed by the trace...

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote "usually", because you can explore adjacent hexagons wih binoculars, which you first have to find

I said "want", because sometimes the group may find some "spare part" of the trail not knowing, in which direction it would be best to follow. Best ist ("want") to follow the trail from the middle and follow it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

You shouldn't think of the track going through a complete hex, but instead of track parts crossing the borders between hexes.

So with the wolves going North, North, North-West and the kids North-West, North, the kids are in a hex without tracks at it's own borders!

And thus, as Daniel wrote: the kids need the binoculars to be able to scout the tracks in the adjacent hexes. (The one North and Northeast of theirs.)

I hope this will clarify it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep! thanks a lot Arno! This game has some horrible rulebook, but things make much more sense after you play a fully error-loaded game! hehe! Yeah! thanks to the both of you for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.