Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Jacobs
United States
Grand Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The text would seem to indicate that this card can be used multiple times on one Hero. The text says that the hero can use one more weapon. The gauntlet is a weapon and it could be stacked.

Is this correct?
I've not found a ruling on this.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for example if you have one hero, two gauntlets, a dagger, and a short sword, then you could equip one gauntlet, use its ability to equip the second gauntlet, use the second gauntlet's ability to equip the short sword, and the dagger is the only weapon that doesn't get equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the intent was that the gauntlet would allow a hero to use a weapon as usual and have the gauntlet's bonus. However, in many cases, just stacking gauntlets is a great option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Jacobs
United States
Grand Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

My girlfriend and I disliked the cheese factor of a hero equipped with 5 gauntlets so we houseruled it down to 2 per hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation is a bit silly when you start trying to draw a mental picture of it, but I don't think it's at all cheesy or overpowered to have a single hero with 5 gauntlets and no other weapon. As weapons go, +2 Magic Attack is pretty weak, and I'd rather just draw 6 heroes. For illustration, imagine the Gauntlet as a level-1 Elf Wizard with no light bonus and no possibility of leveling up, and who sits around and twiddles his thumbs unless at least one other type of hero is present. Would you buy that hero? On the plus side, it does give you 3 coins.

For me, it's the additional strength bonus that makes the card potentially worthwhile. I had a game recently where I successfully used the Gauntlet in combination with Greed Blades to get some pretty sick attack bonuses on some heroes who lacked the strength to wield the Greed Blade normally. It helped that the heroes in question were Runespawn, and so I had multiple ways to get the necessary strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, makes the claymore potentially worth while for many heroes too with the extra strength on the gauntlet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devil's advocate here but couldn't you consider each Toryn Gauntlet to be the "additional" weapon of the other thereby only allowing 2 Gauntlets max and no other weapons?

I remember a TCG I used to play where the characters could hold one weapon. A certain weapon allowed you to hold an additional weapon, but 2 of them did not allow you to hold 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that were the intention, they could have worded it better. Normally you can equip one weapon. A Toryn's gauntlet lets you equip "an additional weapon", so when you use it you now can equip two weapons. A second Toryn's gauntlet then lets you equip three weapons. If it read "can equip one other weapon", then I would agree with you.

Plus it still doesn't fit thematically. The power of the gauntlet gives you the strength to wield a sword (or whatever) that would normally be too heavy. If you wear two of the gauntlets, then you should still be able to wield the sword. It's only when you get to three gauntlets that it stops making sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
If that were the intention, they could have worded it better. Normally you can equip one weapon. A Toryn's gauntlet lets you equip "an additional weapon", so when you use it you now can equip two weapons. A second Toryn's gauntlet then lets you equip three weapons. If it read "can equip one other weapon", then I would agree with you.

Plus it still doesn't fit thematically. The power of the gauntlet gives you the strength to wield a sword (or whatever) that would normally be too heavy. If you wear two of the gauntlets, then you should still be able to wield the sword. It's only when you get to three gauntlets that it stops making sense.

Maybe one gauntlet fits over the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:

is that a gauntlet in your gauntlet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Snyder wrote:
slaqr wrote:

is that a gauntlet in your gauntlet?

Why yes, but you failed to see my THIRD gauntlet within the aforementioned gauntlet(s). A gauntlet sandwich you might say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.