Subject: Hasbro's great Customer Service. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Risk Godstorm and found that there was a rather important piece missing so I emailed Hasbro's Customer service department. Here is their reply with their main comment in bold:

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a problem with your product and can fully appreciate the disappointment caused. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our products are of the highest quality and are concerned to learn that this product was unsatisfactory.

We regret to inform you that Hasbro UK Ltd do not distribute this particular item leaving us unable to replace the product for you. The retailer from whom it was purchased has imported this item directly from the manufacturer and only the retailer has the ability to supply parts or replace the product for you.

We suggest you contact the store in the first instance for a replacement item or refund, as your contract of sale is between yourself and the retailer. If for any reason this is not possible please contact us again either by email or on the free phone number below.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. May we thank you for contacting Hasbro and if we can be of any further assistance, either now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Sasha
Hasbro UK Ltd
00800 22427276

Now, am I expecting too much?

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim

this is between you and Hasbro ! Please contact us again after you get a reply befitting a games company that cares about their customers

seriously though.... wow !!

although we do have to wonder why you bought Risk Godstorm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have bet money that the subject line was a joke when I read it.

I once purchased a copy of Axis and Allies (one of the newer ones) and it was missing a complete bag of figures!!! I emailed them and they replied with probably the same email you got, with some minor changes. Essentially saying they couldn't help me.

The game was returned to my local gaming store, and I felt bad passing the problem on to them.

I can scan/email you a copy of anything you need, just let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks my friend, I appreciate that; but it is the blue Sky God that's missing - I got two blue Magic Goddesses instead. I feel the same way about giving it back to my FLGS. I just would not do it.

When I compare them with GMT and FFG who have both mailed missing pieces across the Atlantic with an apology included, this kind of service scunners* me.

Jim
Est. 1949

*There are times when only a Scottish word will do. ...and don't ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWAlbion wrote:
although we do have to wonder why you bought Risk Godstorm....

Tempting my ten-year-old and fourteen-year-old into wargaming, one step at a time.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk Godstorm is great to get the kids more involved in gaming, it is a nice stepping stone.

I don't know about over there, but over here in the states, the game shop owner said he returns the game to the distributor and gets credit to his account on his next order, so while it is a pain to do it, the game store owner isn't losing out on anything. I am not sure how the distributor handles it with Hasblow, it is one long chain from you to them though.

At the least you should ask your game store owner and see what he can do with the distributor instead of trying to deal directly with Hasbro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Jim,
Are you still missing the Blue God of Air and have the spare Magic Goddess?
Am asking because I brought a copy of Godstorm off Amazon just before Christmas and by the bizarrest coincidence am missing the Blue Goddess of magic & have instead an extra God of Air in the same colour!!
I was going to write to Hasbro to see if they'd be able to send me one, but after chancing across this thread and seeing what they wrote to you, I don't think I'll bother!
I notice this thread is a few months old and you may well have resolved your missing piece issue (I've been playing with a bit of blu-tack on top of mine to tell the difference!) but if not, and you get this message, let me know, and I would be over the moon to post you the spare god I have in exchange for yours, rather than chase round games manufactures to try and get another god!
Attached is a pic of them both that I was going to email to Hasbro.
Fingers crossed you see this post and we can do the swap.
Shaun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Not sure that the pic attach thing is working... so here is a link to the pieces I have.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/2xgodofair.jpg/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PM Sent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an extra set of all the unique pieces (not the generic troops) so if anyone needs help send me a PM and I'll do what I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you Deroan,
Looks like Jim's still got the spare god I need, so should be sorted now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.