Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
There has been a lot of questions about where it might be possible to play the game before the release. Here's where we go at the moment.

There are 5 demo copies out there:

- Asmodee and Ystari have one for France and Germany,

- Rebel has one for Poland,

- Asterion has one for Italy,

- the author of the game has one for Finland, and

- one is sent to the US, scheduled to arrive early next week.

Rebel has informed us that in Poland Eclipse will be demonstrated at:
Event / place / date:
- Bieszczadkon (Bieszczady) - 6-21.08.2011
- Polcon (Poznan) - 25-28.08.2011
- Plocki Konwent Gier Planszowych i Bitewnych (Plock) - 1-2.10.2011
- GRAMY (Gdynia) - 5-6.11.2011

In Finland Eclipse can be tested at
- Ropecon (Espoo) - 29-31.07.2011

In the US, Eclipse will be at GenCon IF the copy on the way arrives on time. We will update you about this most likely on next Monday.

That's the info we have now.

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

Lets hope that there'll be more than a mere Demo copy at Essen 2011... I wanna buy this great game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nowen Brian Fernandez
Canada
flag msg tools
Living a continent away, a video of the Eclipse demos in action would be very awesome. Anyone who's there for the demo, you will make Asia very happy with this. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game in Poland two weeks ago (I even read the rules and explained it to 4 other people ) Now after Avangarda which was held in Warsaw last weekend we have a discussion on polish forum about missiles and how to counter them (there was a situation where some player's ships with a two missile tiles and some computers knocked a lot of oponent's ships. Even if missiles didn't destroy as many ships as this player wanted he would flee away to return in future turn) - so Rebel is doing great job showing this game to gamers. I can tell there is a lot of interest in your title in PL

Great game. Our 5 player game took 3.5hours - with next game it would be easily 2.5h.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
I may have had a poor choice of words in my original post.
The demo copies are actually self made, prototype style versions of the game (with final graphics though). Some of them have the final ships, some not. The 5 copies I mentioned are the only ones that exist.
We've had several people asking for demo copies, but unfortunately there are none to send. Once we do, we will return this matter.

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
yes Rebel's copy had Starcraft's ships in it. And I helped cutting some pieces to play it (yes - I wanted to try this game out this badly )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Marttila
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have also just finished the Vassal module of Eclipse which could be used for demoing. I am currently awaiting Touko to answer me when he can check the module and decide how to deal with the module and its possible distribution etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anttoni Huhtala
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
10 PRINT "Hello!"
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now after Avangarda which was held in Warsaw last weekend we have a discussion on polish forum about missiles and how to counter them (there was a situation where some player's ships with a two missile tiles and some computers knocked a lot of oponent's ships. Even if missiles didn't destroy as many ships as this player wanted he would flee away to return in future turn)

That kind of ship would require a medium size ship, as there is not enough room in the small one. You could counter that with a fleet of small ship with double hull + the basic gun. They could withstand a direct hit as the would have 3 HP vs the 2 damage the opponents make. + they cost 3 vs 5. Then you just attack back to the hex where the enemys fleet came from. They cant run forever..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kantti wrote:
I have also just finished the Vassal module of Eclipse which could be used for demoing. I am currently awaiting Touko to answer me when he can check the module and decide how to deal with the module and its possible distribution etc.
Would totally be up for a Vassal game if someone could...teach me how to use it.

Vassal virgin here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb

Regarding the US demo copy, unfortunately the latest entry in the tracking records is still the "at US customs" from the July 28th.
At this point I don't think it'll make it to GenCon :-(

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ansi wrote:
Quote:
Now after Avangarda which was held in Warsaw last weekend we have a discussion on polish forum about missiles and how to counter them (there was a situation where some player's ships with a two missile tiles and some computers knocked a lot of oponent's ships. Even if missiles didn't destroy as many ships as this player wanted he would flee away to return in future turn)

That kind of ship would require a medium size ship, as there is not enough room in the small one. You could counter that with a fleet of small ship with double hull + the basic gun. They could withstand a direct hit as the would have 3 HP vs the 2 damage the opponents make. + they cost 3 vs 5. Then you just attack back to the hex where the enemys fleet came from. They cant run forever..

Missiles are very deadly if you're not prepared to fight against them. If your opponent is not using computers, the easy way to fight his missile frigates is to create your own missile ship which has better initiative than the opponent. If missiles are not available, reinforced hull should be used.

If your opponent is using computers, he will not have a ship full of missiles and therefore heavily reinforced hull (and shields - if he doesn't have a massive server farm of computers) is good. Then just try to prevent the opponent ships from escaping if you can.

Try to avoid combats against ships armed with missiles if you don't have the initiative or a lot of hitpoints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.