Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife & I went to the movies yesterday. The big AMC right on Boston Common. Well, we were early & had to wait until the film in front of us got out. While we waited in the lobby 3 young men asked me if I would view a preview for a movie & answer a poll. They were set up there in the lobby at a kiosk. The answers would impact the editing of the film (they claimed). So I agreed, but when they got a little bit into the questions & they asked my age they were shocked. They could only poll folks under 35. I'm unsure if I should be pleased they thought I was so young, or annoyed that they think a opinion of someone in their 50ies isn't valued.

Darn those kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a market research place not far from where I live that'll give you a few bucks to do surveys and such. When my age doesn't mesh with whatever surveys they have available they often declare that I have gotten older or younger in the last few moments so I can do the survey anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
"So, how old are you?"

"How old do you NEED me to be?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
But my ass is 35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
I'm unsure if I should be pleased they thought I was so young, or annoyed that they think a opinion of someone in their 50ies isn't valued.

Be pleased. There is no need to get annoyed at the age limit. Movies are always targeted at a specific audience, and if indeed the answers are relevant for the editing of the movie, then they want to learn how to edit it to appeal to a certain group. So if you say that the editing is too fast (MTV style), then that is irrelevant because you fall outside the target demographic, which enjoys MTV style editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Lothartvni wrote:
There's a market research place not far from where I live that'll give you a few bucks to do surveys and such. When my age doesn't mesh with whatever surveys they have available they often declare that I have gotten older or younger in the last few moments so I can do the survey anyway.
I always got the same vibe from the market research place in the mall when I was a young buck. They would hire kids who clearly didn't give a fuck about the questions they were supposed to ask, so we would all have fun with it. I walked into the "screening room" (conference room with a 13" tv and a VCR attached) and there would be people swordfighting on the card tables and literally hanging from the walls. If I wanted a good time, I always said Yes to the survey people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.