Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have my rules wrong since a friend of mine owns the actual game. But the way I understand it, when players resign a 3-4 player game and only two remain, no changes are made to the military deck. Thus, it gets cluttered with useless cards when aggressions become all the more important. My humble suggestion would be that, upon drawing a pact card, a player may be able to reveal it, discard it, and draw another card.

Would that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 4 pacts in each of the latter 2 ages, so it doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. Cost of wiping someone out, so to speak.

But I don't think anyone is going to complain if you play it like that. That's how we play it with 2 players, anyways. We leave the pacts in and just discard them if we draw them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
What about pacts already in your hand? Can you trade them in? Even if not, seems like your change helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The main problem I see with pacts already in hand would be those of old eras. One could say that they could be traded for military cards for the corresponding era, but that brings up some strange scenarios - a player could draw an Iconoclasm in the third era, for example. Not sure about that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leon Trotsky wrote:
the way I understand it, when players resign a 3-4 player game and only two remain, no changes are made to the military deck.

No changes are made to the civil deck either. Shouldn't that also bother you as it affects an important game balance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, of course. If a four player game turns into a duel, both players are guaranteed to gain access to key techs. I suppose that's the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.