Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep getting notifications when RoboRally and The World Cup Game are available through eBay or BGG marketplace. I unticked the box for this on the relevant game pages several months ago. Any ideas what's happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean the "Want to Buy" box in the user information section? You might be 'subscribed' to the games. Go to the game page. On the right hand side up near the top, underneath of the "fans" number is an item called Subscribe or probably in your case Unsubscribe. Click the word until it says Subscribe. If you are subscribed to a game page you will get a notice when anything gets added to the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm subscribed to lots of games, but only get sale notifications for those I've marked as wanting to buy or trade. When I acquired these two games, I changed the details from 'Want to But' to 'Own'. Every other game I've done this for, I stop getting the notifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebay or marketplace notifications have *zero* to do with the "Want to buy" or "Own" checkboxes. Any behaviour or correlations you're seeing there is completely coincidental.

Notifications for sale are part of the subscription system. You're subscribed to the Roborally and World Cup game entries, and those two items are currently set to "Yes".

Go to both RoboRally and The World Cup Game, click the little down arrow next to the word Unsubscribe in the top right of the Information section, and click Edit Subscription.

You'll see either Ebay auction: Yes or Ebay auction: Use Default (default Yes). Set that to No. Then do the same thing for Item for Sale. Click save.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Note that even if you are unsubscribed to the game, if the Item for Sale option is set to Yes you'll still get the notifications. That notification punches through the Unsubscribed setting.

I've been getting notifications for Target Arnhem for a year because of that.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's fixed it, thanks.

i always thought it was linked to the 'Want to buy' because all other games that I used to 'Want to buy' but now 'Own' no longer send me subscriptions, only those two. No idea why they had to go and be so different.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should buy two copies in case you want to play it more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.