EuroFront II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about invasion of Tunis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan de Marco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Say the invasion takes place from Naples (WF big port) to Tunis,
any headquarter in Naples ordering the invasion sends the unit out of combat support range.

Is it allowed to put another invasion HQ in Palermo, and by that HQ giving combat support to the Tunis battle?
I know it might be considered a rules stretch, since there can be no invasion from a minor port into the MF, but this HQ is not the one actually sending a unit. Added to that, this means I am activating 2HQs; does that make the cost for this manoeuvre steep enough to allow it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan,

As currently constituted, I would say the rules allow this: 21.391 only talks about MF invasions, not combat support.

Innovative idea. Not sure whether it's desirable to allow this, would have to look at it further (first time it has come to my attention).

It does increase MF invasion power from what I had originally intended to allow. Why not go ahead and try it and report what effect it has in your game. We can decide based on that.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palermo is in the WF, isn't it? So no MF/MF conflict? More brain twist: could the combat support HQ operate from an Axis Malta? I think Malta, too, is WF.

The use of two HQ is an extra-ordinary expenditure, so you are not really stretching the intended rules, which were limiting the capacity of MF ports prior to Second Front. Spending twice the HQ PP on the same one unit would seem to enable it.

But now that you have warned me Juan, I will be looking for this trick in our game!! :-)

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevertheless, if the HQ in Palermo is the G HQ, it can also provide airstrike at full efficiency.
This is the way we do the Tunisi invasion in case of Anglo French Union.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan de Marco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssst, don't give him any ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.