Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I draw Bubbling Cauldron and a wolf is on a tile adjacent to my hero, the wolf is placed "1 tile closer" to my hero. What determines if the wolf is to be placed adjacent to my hero or not adjacent to my hero? This will then determine which tactic the wolf uses (bite or pounce). Can I choose where I want the wolf placed, or is there a mechanic that determines this for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the updated rules available here http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Castle_Ravenloft_RuleBook.p... on page 11 it states: "If the tactic requires a monster to move to a new tile, place the Monster on the new tile's bone pile if that square is empty. Whenever possible, Monsters move from tile to tile by following the bone pile. If the bone pile square is occupied, place the monster anywhere on the tile."

Without the game in front of me I don't know the exact text on Bubbling Cauldron. The general consensus is to place monsters where it is most advantageous to the player/s so if by following the above rule you find yourself placing "the monster anywhere on the tile" then you get to place it where it best works out for you (e.g., the least amount of damage taken or least chance of success on a hit, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Ender pointed out, when the monster's tactic requires it to move by tiles, move using the bone piles. This environment does not use the tactics of the monster though. It states: "Place each Monster 1 tile closer to the active Hero." Since it does not specify, it is up to the active player which space to put the monsters on.

Remember this simple concept: When in doubt, the active player decides. It keeps the game moving and from what I can tell is the way Peter Lee wanted the game to be played.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.