Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Werewolf: Fresh Meat VII

We need some more fresh blood in here! I'm going to advertise this game out in BGG proper. We want to fill this game with mainly new players and maybe 3-4 veteran players (depending on newbie interest).

Game will start when full and will not run over the weekend.
Dusk will be at 4:00pm BGG.
Dawn will be at 5:00pm BGG.

TEAM GOOD

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "Wolf" or "not Wolf." The Seer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Seer chooses which player to view.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player to protect. If the protected player is targeted for Night Kill, the martyr will die stead.

Hunter - Defies parity. If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. The Hunter is Brutal, meaning if the Hunter is killed in any way, he will kill one other player.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

TEAM EVIL

Brutal Werewolf - Shares a private chat with the Normal Werewolf. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on N0. If the Brutal Werewolf is killed in any way, he will kill one other player.

Normal Werewolf - Shares a private chat with the Brutal Werewolf. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on N0.

Sorcerer - The Sorcerer is also a Cultist, which means he knows the identity of the wolves. Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "Seer" or "not Seer." The Sorcerer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Sorcerer chooses which player to view. Wins with the wolves even if dead. Counts as good for parity.

Victory Conditions

There is no individual victory. You win if your team wins, whether you survive or not.

The village/good team wins:
When both wolves are dead.

The werewolf/evil team wins:
When the number of living werewolves equals (or exceeds) the number of all other players.

Sequence of Play

The sequence of play lasts one full day, starting when I post [dawn]. At that point, discussion begins and the village will try to find the evil wolves.

Dusk will fall at 4:00pm BGG time (central). At that time, whoever has the most votes will be lynched and the vote count will be reset to zero.

Players are permitted to post in the forum at night without restriction.

During the night, the wolves will submit a Night Kill order for one player. The seer and the martyr will submit their night orders. All orders are to be submitted to me in Cassandra Chat. It is located on the Cassandra Game page for this game by clicking on "Cassandra Communication System":

At 5:00pm BGG time (central), I will reveal who was killed and reveal the victim's full role. The seer will receive their view results. Then [dawn] will be posted which begins a new day of voting.

Voting

Votes are cast using player's names in brackets, bolded. Like this:
[vote Goo]

The name is not case sensitive and can sometimes be shortened. Be sure to watch for the Vote Tally to make sure you vote was recorded properly.

You can remove your vote similarly:
[unvote Goo] or [unvote all]

You do not need to unvote to change your vote. Simply submit the new vote.

Here is a general primer on Werewolf on BGG with good resource links:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/585004/the-guide-to-playing-...

We currently do not have a formal definitive list of “unwritten rules” and etiquette, but here are some general guidelines:

- Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.
- Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc.
- Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use code or secret messages--this equates to discussion outside the thread.
- Do not edit/delete posts.
- Do not quote communications from Cassie chatrooms. Paraphrasing is usually okay.
- Do not talk after you are dead or replaced. Some moderators do allow contentless "Bah!" posts which should have zombie emoticons. You should never reveal information once you are dead.
- Play to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Ace Hoonter
baub64
Belash
cejryan
DocStryder
egorjlileli
Iidhaegn
luffingsails
mmesich
Sandlewood99
Turbine2k5

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/6791...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
We new have a GG cash reward for first time players. I will split the tips (which are now at 10GG) amongst all first time players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I am confused (and interested). When does the discussion take place? Just for 1 hour? (4pm to 5pm central time)?

And is it all on Cassie?

Thanks!

I'm just trying to see if I would have computer access while the games are being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:
So, I am confused (and interested). When does the discussion take place? Just for 1 hour? (4pm to 5pm central time)?

And is it all on Cassie?

Thanks!

I'm just trying to see if I would have computer access while the games are being played.

The discussion takes place in the forum. The day is actually 23 hours long and players post all day. So you can be away for hours at a time then check in later to contribute.

At 4pm central time, I will call Dusk and whichever player is leading in lynch votes will be killed and their actual role revealed.

Then the night phase is from 4pm to 5pm central time. Not much happens at night, so it is much shorter. The wolves pick their night kill, the seer decides whom to view, etc. But there is rarely much open discussion.

Then at 5pm central time, I will announce Dawn and reveal who was killed during the night. The village then has another 23 hours to discuss and decide on the next lynch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

And is it all on Cassie?

Thanks!

The discussion takes place in the forum. The day is actually 23 hours long and players post all day. So you can be away for hours at a time then check in later to contribute.

At 4pm central time, I will call Dusk and whichever player is leading in lynch votes will be killed and their actual role revealed.

Then the night phase is from 4pm to 5pm central time. Not much happens at night, so it is much shorter. The wolves pick their night kill, the seer decides whom to view, etc. But there is rarely much open discussion.

Then at 5pm central time, I will announce Dawn and reveal who was killed during the night. The village then has another 23 hours to discuss and decide on the next lynch.

Ok, I am interested. What do I do next? Juicy, fresh meat........waiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Goo. A friend of mine:

Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

will hopefully be signing up for this.

If you need an extra player and this starts Monday, at the latest, please put me in!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cassie is a supplemental website designed and maintained by BGGers specifically to handle the bureaucracy of the game.

The game is mostly played in the BGG forum. But you do have a chat room in cassie. Most players will just get a chat with the moderator (me). But the wolves will also get a chat with each other so they can plot against the village.

It is in cassie that the Seer selects their views and gets results. The wolves pick the night kill. They martyr picks whom they will protect, etc.

Also, voting for lynch is done openly in the BGG thread throughout the day. Cassie scans the thread periodically and collects votes. Then cassie posts the current vote tally in the thread so the players know where the voting stands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Belash wrote:
Goo. A friend of mine:

N/A

If you need an extra player and this starts Monday, at the latest, please put me in!

Thanks

Roger that. I think it is usually good to have a few veteran players in the game to help guide discussion and point out nuances. Of course, the problem is they may not be trustworthy, but they will help move the game along either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up on Cassie!!

I'm in!!

Now what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in - been wanting to give this a try for a while now . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:

Great!

Sign up with cassie. You use your BGG ID to sign in. It has been a long time since I signed up with cassie, so I don't remember the exact details but it should be intuitive.

Then follow the link in the cassie post above (www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/679171). You can also find the game page by looking for the title (Fresh Meat VII) on the front page of cassie under "games in sign up"

Once on the Fresh Meat VII game page, click "Sign Me Up" and you are in.

Then just wait for the game to fill. I will geekmail the players when we are full and starting. Then you will find your role and your private chat with the mod at the cassie site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:
I signed up on Cassie!!

I'm in!!

Now what?

Excellent. Now, just wait for the game to fill. Monitor this thread for when the game starts. I will geekmail everyone when it does start just to make sure everyone is in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent D.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
I signed up on Cassie!!

I'm in!!

Now what?

Same here. Let's howl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Great!

Sign up with cassie. You use your BGG ID to sign in. It has been a long time since I signed up with cassie, so I don't remember the exact details but it should be intuitive.

Then follow the link in the cassie post above (www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/679171). You can also find the game page by looking for the title (Fresh Meat VII) on the front page of cassie under "games in sign up"

Then just wait for the game to fill. I will geekmail the players when we are full and starting. Then you will find your role and your private chat with the mod at the cassie site.

I've never done chat before, will I get stuck? If I do, who will help? Can I geekmail the mod if I can't figure out the chat function?

Sorry, for so many questions, I am really psyched to FINALLY be playing WW!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luffingsails wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
I signed up on Cassie!!

I'm in!!

Now what?

Same here. Let's howl.

Wonderful!! I suspect you already!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent D.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luffingsails wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
I signed up on Cassie!!

I'm in!!

Now what?

Same here. Let's howl.

Okay, good to go, I think. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Great!

I've never done chat before, will I get stuck? If I do, who will help? Can I geekmail the mod if I can't figure out the chat function?

Sorry, for so many questions, I am really psyched to FINALLY be playing WW!!!

I will help you get into chat if you have any problems. Once there, I am available for any questions you might have.

The chat rooms are not available until the game starts.

You can geekmail me at any time in the game. But players cannot geekmail or discuss the game at all with each other outside of the allowed communication channels (forum or wolf chat).

You will be fine. Once everything gets going, it will be clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yay! another fresh meat. Goo, if you need another player and no other new players sign up please sign me up! My very first game was one of your fresh meats!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ace Hoonter
Brazil
flag msg tools
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Belash wrote:
Goo. A friend of mine:

Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks

Filling quickly.

Should I sign you both up? Or wait and see?

There are only 4 spots left and villagers are coming out of the woodwork to hunt those wolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to this village mainly due to the great prospect for jobs after your village lost a bunch of workers during some kind of wolf or coyote incursion a couple of years back.

At least lightning doesn't strike the same place twice! ..... right?

M8B -> Cannot predict now -> Cannot predict now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 29642. mmesich
  • M8B =
  • Cannot predict now =
  • Cannot predict now
  • Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:08 pm
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am signing up to either save DocStryder a place or to play a game. Or shall I save it for another player? Perhaps I will trade my spot for sexual favours. Fresh meat is tasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realize this was a game for n00bz... shake Guess that makes my status obvious.

I'm very excited for this!

~Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.