6 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Explosion and Rapid Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oggy P
msg tools
Hi there again,

after a long time and some more RTL Sessions i have 2 things to be asked or just whined about . We have now reached about 2/3 of silver campaign level and getting close to gold.

1.)
Is it possible to Target an empty space with an Magic Weapon with Explosion? Or must he target a Monster? If he plays (feat?) cards affecting the monster targeted (for examlpe 3 burn tokens) does this affect all monster hit or just the targeted one?

2.)
I must again complain about Rapid Fire. I mean seriously this is so unfair in higher campaing levels! One Example:

Our Ranger has Skills and Items giving him about 5-6 Range in addition to his role. His Silver Treasure Bow is strong enough to deal a descent amount of damage without extra fatigue (8-14).
He has 9 Max. Fatigure (5 base + 2 copper upgrade + 2 silver upgrade) and a skillcard giving him 2 more extra fatigue max.
So he has 11 Fatigue and a Fatigue Potion.
With a battle action this is exactly 12 Attacks he can do. I mean seriously??? He can kill my Avatar in 1 Action before i even had a round to do anything??? Come on this is not related to any other skillcard in this whole game....this skillcard grows with campaign duration and has just no limitations (like all other skillcards giving attacks and so have).

Just my Overlords 2 Cents . I just cant believe it.

Greetings from Germany,
Konstantin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Most definitely yes, in fact that's a key strategy for AOE weapons, hitting an empty space that maximizes reach.

2) If you don't like it, house-rule it

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oggy P
msg tools
Thx so far:

What about the 3 burn tokens from the (feat?) card?

Is it possible then to target a blocking obstacle with your AoE weapon to deal damage to monsters standing behind blocking obstacles.

And to House Rules:
I cant start with that ^^. My Players would then want to houserule a whole BUNCH of in their opinion imbalanced Overlord-Cards (like "Pride" - Overlord gets 4 Threat for each Order placed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, though I believe that the target of the attack is all monsters in the AOE, not the the square that was attacked. Don't have anything to back that up though, so someone else will probably quote the appropriate spot in the FAQ.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Keller
Denmark
flag msg tools
flaming fury wrote:

Play after making a successful magic attack on a monster (a magic attack that doesn't miss).

Place 3 Burn tokens on that monster.

Given this description, I'd say you can only pick a single target within your blast-zone and give that target your 3 burn tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
If I remember correctly, the official errata/FAQ limited Rapid Fire and Quick Casting to once per turn.

You didn't remember correctly.

Quick Casting has an exhaust requirement, so is naturally limited. Rapid Fire has no official limitation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.