Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Nightfall» Forums » Variants

Subject: Open Draft Software rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

About
This is a desktop application to support the play of my 1v1 and 2v2 open draft Nightfall variant. Features include the ability to select which sets and promos you want in the draft and a step by step walkthrough of the open draft variant process where you will select your archives with the program. The open draft takes out a lot the randomness involved in the standard draft and introduces even more strategy.

Where do I get it?
First you'll probably want to make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. Chances are you already do, but, just in case, you can get updated here. The open draft software should let you know if you need to upgrade when you run it for the first time. Speaking of which you can get the actual program here.

Instructions
When you load the program the first thing you'll need to decide is if you want to play 1v1 or a 2v2 team game. Press the button in the lower left corner of the application that corresponds with your choice. Next pick out which sets and promos you would like to play with on the left side of the screen. Once you've clicked the check boxes of the cards you want, press the Draw Set button. This will draw up a random assortment of cards from the card pool you specified. You can press this button again at any time to restart with a brand new draft.

Now you need to decide who is Player/Team A and who is Player/Team B. If the players can not come to a decision then you can always hit the coin flip button in the lower right corner. Now all you have to do is follow the directions on the button below the draft list. For example, the first instruction should be for Player/Team A to ban a card. So select a card from the draft list above the button and then press the button to ban it. A new instruction will appear. After the banning phase you will be asked to pick cards for your private archive. Keep in mind you can click on the cards in the private archive lists to view them.

When instructions stop appearing you're done drafting. There should be 8 cards left in the draft list and 2 or 4 cards in each private archive depending on if you're playing 1v1 or 2v2. All that's left is to set out the 8 common archives that are left in the draft list, and give everyone their 2 private archives. Continue as normal with each player receiving a starter minion deck. Enjoy your game!

Thanks
Thanks to David Gregg and AEG for granting me permission to use their images for this program and for creating a game as awesome as Nightfall. And of course thanks to the BGG community, I look forward to any feedback you all might have and let me know if you have any feature requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.