Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, I apologize if this and related questions have come up in the past (I am sure they have) but this rules forum is pretty deep with topics so I thought I would bring this to the forefront.

Secondly, here are my questions: When an enemy is in the staging area, does he get a shadow card if he is not engaged with anyone (ie, the threat level is too low). If so, does he or other enemies that are in persistent combat (ie: from the previous round with damage on them) get additional shadow cards? For example, the non-engaged enemy would have two shadow cards waiting to be revealed for the next turn/ when it becomes engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
No, you don't deal shadow cards to enemies in the staging area. Even if you would - all shadow cards are discarded at the end of the combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
attilathejund wrote:
When an enemy is in the staging area, does he get a shadow card if he is not engaged with anyone (ie, the threat level is too low).

No. Only engaged enemies get shadow cards.

Quote:
If so, does he or other enemies that are in persistent combat (ie: from the previous round with damage on them) get additional shadow cards?

No. Shadow cards don't accumulate over turns. The rule book explains:
Quote:
Shadow Cards Leaving Play
Shadow cards remain on the enemy to which they were dealt throughout the combat phase. If that enemy leaves play, discard its shadow card from play. At the end of the combat phase, discard all shadow cards that were dealt this round.

You should also look on page 18 which explains:
Quote:
At the beginning of the combat phase, the players deal 1 shadow card to each engaged enemy. Deal the top card of the encounter deck, face down, to each engaged enemy. When dealing cards to a single player’s enemies, always deal to the enemy with the highest engagement cost first. Cards should first be dealt to the enemies attacking the first player, and then proceed around the board until all enemies have 1 card.

The last sentence should have said "... until all engaged enemies have 1 card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.