4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: New board game - but publisher? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Suchanek
msg tools
Hi there

I have invented a board game, which is played on a Pentagram; it works with five colours, it is an abstract game for 2-5 players. The test players are now all really addicted and every time someone sees us playing, he/she wants a copy. I need a publisher - but I find it really hard: most publishers hear "abstract" and lose interest before even looking at it. Any advice would be appreciated!

Jan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried contacting nestorgames? They do a lot of Abstracts I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
OK:

1) There is a board game design forum on here, with lots of threads that may be helpful.
2) See if your game meets the conditions for Nestor's games: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/listitem/1489142?commentid=2202... If so, add it to the list, and see if it is popular enough. If there are not enough geeks on here willing to thumb the game on that list, then the game is probaby not going to fly anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´d also reccomend the NESTORGAMES continuous abstract game design contest
I was got my Topology published this way, and currently try so again with 42 Hyperspace Expressway.

Further you could write mails to Gigamic and Pin International, they do some abstracts too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.