Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and I don't know if I should bring it to certain group of players.

What would happen if the people are honest and gentle with each other? Would it be fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Whitcher
United States
Manchester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i remember the rules correctly there is no way to avoid it. When players bribe the active player to get their family members into a position at their estate that player takes all the bribes then decides who gets what. Even if you try to be nice someone is losing out. So effectively your forced to do it whether you want to or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
David is right. So in a way, it might work with non-backstabbers, since you can hardly feel bad about the outcomes when the game forces you to stab somebody.

Then again, it might not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallen McInerney
Australia
Kingscliff
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only problem I came across is people that would encourage the bribes to be low so as not to burn bridges. Kinda takes the thrill out of the game. This game is at its best the more bridges are burned as bribes start getting hilarious and exhorbitant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Cheatham
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
OK, I will give you a variant we played a while back that was quite interesting. Trade all bribes under the table in secret. You can even trade nothing. Only the two players involved will know how bad people may or may not have been messed over. You will know what you offered but, not why you didn't get the job.
It was actually quite fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, I will try it with them. It could work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Jolie
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game 5 player last night with a fella that would make deals with people he was competing against not with the owner of the palace. He would pay $1000.00 bribe for a $10,000.00 job and offered the other candidate $5,000.00 each turn he gets paid, to not compete. If the other candidate tries to out bid him he would come back and tell the palace owner he would get paid $4,000.00 every turn he was in that position.

He was honest, paid his debts, kept his promises and did the math letting you know how much each position was worth. Then tell how much you would net if you kept him in that position.

Is there a rule that forbids you from continue to negotiating after you give your bribe? Or can you keep negotiating after all bribes have been made?

It was lots of fun up until bribes lasted 10+ minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Negotiations are exclusively between the active player and the players with submitted workers, one at a time. Negotiations between inactive players is not permitted by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Jolie
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I promise to pay someone $1000 on my next payday as non compete deal, that is against the rules bc it is not part of a current negotiation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.