Ogre» Forums » General

Subject: Any news on when the deluxe reprint will be published? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just subscribe to this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They gotta hold off until about October. i vowed on one of these threads to buy it with change i'm saving up in a piggy bank i keep in my car. People were bitchin' about it costing a hundred bucks and i bet you could buy it with car change with the amount of runup time we had.

i'm up to $75 so far... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
I'd just subscribe to this thread

ouch! looks like in the absence of any real information about the release that thread has devolved into a lord of the flies "discussion" about what may or may not be included...

I guess I'll just wait until I see Ogre back up at the top of the hot list and that'll be how I know we have a release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping an eye on this page... they have a link to subscribe to e-mail updates which i just did a week or so ago. (but i have yet to get an update)

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/

edit===
$85 and counting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
It still has regular posts from SJG hidden in there, so the information is likely to be there pretty much at the same time or before elsewhere. Most of the discussion in that thread is quite old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Ells wrote:
Anyone?

Steve will be posting a Daily Illuminator, but at the moment the best I can tell you is that the game is in the works but will not be released in 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dang. oh well, thanks for the fyi Phil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a Beasts of War interview at GenCON, SJ states it will be out in 2012 and will cost $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest news:

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/a/2011-08-16

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/ogre6e/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think they should also print a "human" edition for people who wants to buy the game and do not want to spend 100$ for that... thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
I still think they should also print a "human" edition for people who wants to buy the game and do not want to spend 100$ for that... thing.

At the moment we're focused on Ogre Sixth Edition, which is the large version. That's not to say that we'll never produce a smaller edition of the game, but if we do it will be after this edition is done (and possibly years from now; no plans at this time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
Castef wrote:

At the moment we're focused on Ogre Sixth Edition, which is the large version. That's not to say that we'll never produce a smaller edition of the game, but if we do it will be after this edition is done (and possibly years from now; no plans at this time).

C'mon Phil. Convince Steve to give the people* what they want, not just what he wants. And what we want is a nicely produced copy of Ogre, same box size and same production value of your re-released The Awful Green Things From Outer Space!

* And by people I mean me, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
C'mon Phil. Convince Steve to give the people* what they want, not just what he wants. And what we want is a nicely produced copy of Ogre, same box size and same production value of your re-released The Awful Green Things From Outer Space![/i]

We only have room for one Ogre game on our schedule at the moment. Sorry, but Steve is the boss (and owner) and we're making the game he wants. It's just one perk of owning the company (and Steve can use Munchkin profits to make anything he tells me to make).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Why not concurrently release a standard and a deluxe edition?

Because that would be two dramatically different projects. Some of the things being done for Ogre Sixth Edition would not translate to a smaller size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
tofarley wrote:
C'mon Phil. Convince Steve to give the people* what they want, not just what he wants. And what we want is a nicely produced copy of Ogre, same box size and same production value of your re-released The Awful Green Things From Outer Space![/i]

We only have room for one Ogre game on our schedule at the moment. Sorry, but Steve is the boss (and owner) and we're making the game he wants. It's just one perk of owning the company (and Steve can use Munchkin profits to make anything he tells me to make).

I was joking, obviously. My real fear is that a $100 Ogre won't sell well, and Steve will be gunshy about putting another copy into print for another decade. Ogre was one of the first "modern" games I played, and one of the first games I purchased. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the game, but even I'm not sure I want to drop $100 on a behemoth box with little ogres that may need to be assembled every play to keep them from getting damaged in the box... :\

Edit: Oh yeah, and reprint Triplanetary!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
My real fear is that a $100 Ogre won't sell well, and Steve will be gunshy about putting another copy into print for another decade.

Well, iirc, Phil didn't think *any* version of Ogre would sell well. Really, what the people want is *Munchkin* so Ogre wasn't a good use of SJG resources in the first place. FFG's Runewars and GW's Space Hulk showed that $100 was the new cap for boardgames, and that you *can* sell a base game and expansion set together.

SJG has received emails saying that some fans will be buying *two* copies. I also expect Ogre 6th to be played alongside miniature wargaming events at cons, and those folks pony up far more than $100 for a game. Myself, I know I have more than $100 worth of Ogre miniatures...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah, and reprint Triplanetary!!!!!

+1 thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
Oh yeah, and reprint Triplanetary!!!!!

Yeah, what's the hangup with that one? Triplanetary is a serious gap in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Well, iirc, Phil didn't think *any* version of Ogre would sell well.

I seriously doubt that we'll see Munchkin numbers out of Ogre . . . regardless of the cost. But we are redirecting attention from other projects to complete Ogre; Steve and I have a long meeting to review the project later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to hijack the thread, but I wanted to say thanks Phil, Steve and all for the new edition of Awful Green Things. It's the edition I've always hoped for.

I've been playing my original slim green plastic box edition since the 80's. The new edition is a nice and welcome upgrade from the card stock and paper map. I hope you can produce a similar quality Ogre in a Awful Green things or Munchin sized box in the future. I'd even pay extra for the GEV/Shockwave materials packed in.

I'm still eager for the DX version, but a portable + quality edition would be very nice as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great_Mazinga wrote:
Not to hijack the thread, but I wanted to say thanks Phil, Steve and all for the new edition of Awful Green Things. It's the edition I've always hoped for.

You are very welcome! And don't forget Ben Williams; he put in a lot of late nights assembling all of the pieces and making the tweaks necessary to prepare the files for print.

Back on Ogre, Steve and I spent quite a bit of time yesterday reviewing the project and deciding that for the next week he's locked away working on Ogre with as few distractions as possible. I promised to stop sending new ideas his way for at least the rest of this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.