Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I've always liked team games. I own a couple: Tichu, Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, etc. I guess I'm looking for one that fits between these.

I know there's Axis & Allies, but it's a game that just takes too long to play and is way too fidgety for my tastes. I was thinking about Memoir '44, but would a 2v2 provide decent interaction? Or would it just be like playing 2 games of M44 side by side?

Wargames that involve 3+ players and are free-for-all just bother me because it can come down to politics rather than straight out fighting. Players might intentionally fight others out of spite rather than winning.

I guess I'm looking at a game that has teamplay for 2v2, takes about an hour or an hour and a half at most and has some exciting moments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
take a look at conflict of heroes! It doesn't offer a ton of 2v2 scenarios but they are definitely there, may just fit the bill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2v2 is always tricky. I'd start with looking at fast playing games, then see if they can adapt to 2v2.

The only game that comes close in my limited experience is Summoner Wars, and it's more of a tactical combat game than a true wargame. Still, it may be what you are looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find a copy, Star Wars: Epic Duels is at its best as a 2v2 team game. Lots of fan support for this one, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angola, if it ever finally comes out, is just the thing for 2 vs. 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind games with a fantasy theme, Nin-Gonost is a fantastic skirmish-level miniatures game:

It plays very quickly, with a high mortality rate.

The only issue is finding a copy (they pop up somewhat regularly on ebay).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath Board Game

We've played 2 2v2 games. The first game (short game, race to 20VP) took about 2 hours (game ended in 2 rounds). The next game (medium, 30VP) took about 3. More experienced players will make for quicker games, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Duel of Ages. It has a timed victory condition, so you can set the length of play to whenever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.