Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll skip straight to the "problem" - I have an $80 order all ready to go at CoolStuffInc. However, as many of you already know, their shipping threshold is $100. So, help me spend another $20.

The order thus far is:

Commands & Colors: Ancients
London

I was looking at either To Court the King or Dice Town, but I'm seeing mixed opinions on the former, and the latter is at the edge of how much I want to spend above the $100. I suppose I could finally pull the trigger on Luna, but I think the Powers That Be are actively preventing me from buying this one.

So, fellow geeks - what should I spend my $20-$30 on so I can save myself $10 in shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants and Marauders at 42 ha ha ha. That is just what I want. Or Archaeology: the card game at 7 bucks. Too light for you but I want that too. I'm making up my order there, but for later. They beat Amazon's prices fo sho! 9 bucks savings on Merchants and Marauders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked through your owned list and it seems you don't have Red November. This seems like a glaring omission from 189 games, and its in your price range...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bryan
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like To Court the King as a fast and light dice game. There is not a ton of depth to the game--it comes down to who can roll the most dice of a kind at the end, but the ability to manipulate dice and building up your dice pool make it a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
I looked through your owned list and it seems you don't have Red November. This seems like a glaring omission from 189 games, and its in your price range...

Sadly, CSI doesn't have it in stock. That was one of my first thoughts, though.

At the moment, I may end up copping out and grabbing Kids of Carcassonne for when the little one is old enough. But, as always, all final decisions are subject to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
The only criteria that you've given me is that it has to be worth at minimum $20. No bias on theme, weight, style, or number of players. So, looking at your list of owned games please consider one of the following:

Hansa Teutonica
Navegador
First Train to Nuremberg
Ascending Empires
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
The only criteria that you've given me is that it has to be worth at minimum $20. No bias on theme, weight, style, or number of players. So, looking at your list of owned games please consider one of the following:

Hansa Teutonica
Navegador
First Train to Nuremberg
Ascending Empires

Ooh... Ascending Empires had fallen off my radar... that just made the shortlist.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.