Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
If multiple ghosts are killed simultaneously, what order are the 3rd stone effects applied in.

Also, lets say I kill 2 ghosts who both give me back my yin-yang. Can I use my yin-yang before killing them AND once for EACH of them that I killed or is the 3rd stone simultaneously resolved before I have a chance to use the yin-yang (meaning maximum number of times you could use it would be 2 in this case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
The Yin Yang must be used before the attack, or after the attack is completed (along with rewards).

For example, I roll the dice for the attack and realise I forgot to use my Yin Yang beforehand. It is too late for me to use it, and I will have to take the Qi reward instead of the Yin Yang. (This happens far too often )

So, the answer to your question is that you can only use the Yin Yang twice (but only before and after the attack).

Edit: From the unofficial FAQ
Quote:
Q. Can I use my Yin-Yang (token) two times in the same turn?
A. Yes. Yin-Yang can be used, regained with a reward, and used again, in the same turn.

Q. Can you use your yin-yang in the midst of an exorcism? And in case of a double exorcism?
A. You cannot use it in the middle of an exorcism but you can use between the two exorcisms of the blue taoist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for that answer. What about the order of effects of 3rd stones, do you know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not sure as the rules are not clear, but I think they are in effect, simultaneous due to this question below.

Quote:
Q. If a player undertakes a double exorcism, can he use the tao obtained from one ghost to defeat the
other?
A. No

This implies that the Black Widow's power (no tao tokens allowed) is not nullified until after the attack. In this case, I have been playing incorrectly!

Edit: Just thought I might need to clarify, curses are applied before rewards, as per the rules. I can't think of another situation where reward order might matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wong
United States
Cupertino
CA
flag msg tools
How about killing a ghost that locks the green monk's power and at the same time killing a ghost that curses you with a curse die roll? I've been assuming that I don't get to use the green monk's power in that situation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
prdwong wrote:
How about killing a ghost that locks the green monk's power and at the same time killing a ghost that curses you with a curse die roll? I've been assuming that I don't get to use the green monk's power in that situation...

I think that would be correct, pending official confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rewards of the 3rd stones came at the same time.
So you get back your power at the same time you take a curse.
You must roll the dice for the curse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
narek23 wrote:
Thanks for that answer. What about the order of effects of 3rd stones, do you know?

I don't think the order of the 3rd stones matter as long as curse effects are applied before rewards as stated in the base games rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.