Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(^That's actually the example question when you make a poll )
Poll
Given things go according to plan, what is your preferred colour?
Red Concentrate
Yellow Concentrate
White Concentrate
Red & Yellow (Roughly) Equal
Red & White (Roughly) Equal
Yellow & White (Roughly) Equal
Random/Variable/No Preference
      48 answers
Poll created by Zubbus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What colour do you play?
Depends on player count and seating order. (Among other things.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
Depends on player count and seating order. (Among other things.)

Yes, especially if I am player 1 or 2. Otherwise I an really fond of the el cheapo VP/influnence combo that comes with the cathedral.

I do find myself somehow balanced...and the last game I ended up going heavy yellow (needed money to make tradesmen) but all else being equal I like white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been teaching the game pretty much every play, so I've been going first alot of the times...as such, I've been favoring red more so than the other colors, although white would be my second choice. It's hard to pass up that red 6 if you're going first since many people are reluctant to use a red 6 to chase you out instead of on a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! Red 6 by itself is 2 influence or maybe even 3. Apart from you voting Red Concentrate, there are a few votes for R & W. Don't these both get expensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zubbus wrote:
Indeed! Red 6 by itself is 2 influence or maybe even 3. Apart from you voting Red Concentrate, there are a few votes for R & W. Don't these both get expensive?

In my games, I generally get most of my income from cards or having my dice purchased. Any cash I get from the $10 is nice, but I generally would rather have the dice...after all, having a red die purchased gets you back your $2 and you actually get an extra $1 if a white die is purchased...and that's if they're purchased for use as singles...they're worth even more if used in sets of 2 or 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When placing initial meeples, I will take Red 6 if it's available, almost without exception. Otherwise I guess I tend to gravitate a little toward White for initial placement, though will generally prefer the leftmost Yellow spots to the rightmost White spots, and Red 5 to a number of other spots. Once we start turning over Activity cards and gaining suspicions about which Character cards are out there, focus will generally shift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.