Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I need a new game but is ATOE worth getting. Reviews seem mixed - love / hate. I love Sleepy Hollow.

Thanks!

Provence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love it, but playing with the co-op rules. Though, you are right, it has very mixed reviews. For cutthroat players, not so good. It's an "experience" game like Tales of the Arabian Nights. If your group doesn't like story heavy games, they probably won't like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get it cheap, sure it's worth having for how well the theme appears in the game.

But if you are paying close to full price, and if other (better) games are being overlooked to get it, then no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy it mainly for when I want to have an theme filled experience. It delivers on that aspect big time. I also play it with players who are not so into gaming but they can get into this. We read all flavor text aloud and get into it. If it goes long, some points of the game can feel like just card flipping and dice chucking.

If the theme appeals to you and your friends I would get it. That would be the deciding factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.