Recommend
23 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: An easy way to find out where my photos are being used? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy way to find out where someone else has used one of the photos I've uploaded?

Thanks, H.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
They ought to at least thumbsup any for whichever were used, the 'sans-grates'! whistle
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Hungadunga wrote:
Is there an easy way to find out where someone else has used one of the photos I've uploaded?

Thanks, H.
I was reading a review the other day and noticed a picture that looked familiar. I clicked on it and noticed it was one of mine . It would have been great if there was some way to get notification of this but I don;t think it is an option at this point. I also think the same thing could be helpful if someone posts your user id.
11 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
They ought to at least thumbsup any for whichever were used, the 'sans-grates'! whistle


A tip wouldn't hurt to much either. This was a good reminder as I just used an image. I went back and left a thank you under the image. The problem is, I was never even required to go to where I could thumb the image when I was looking it up for use in the Geeklist.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
Hungadunga wrote:
Is there an easy way to find out where someone else has used one of the photos I've uploaded?

Thanks, H.
I was reading a review the other day and noticed a picture that looked familiar. I clicked on it and noticed it was one of mine . It would have been great if there was some way to get notification of this but I don;t think it is an option at this point. I also think the same thing could be helpful if someone posts your user id.


It would be nice if subscribing to your image alerted you to when somebody uses it on the geek.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new link on top of every image, called Image Rolls, maybe that's the desired function. Actually I havn't seen any lists there, whene klicking this link.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you link to another users picutres in a geeklist or other post,it should have "Courtesy of [username]" put near the bottom.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an easy, built in way, but you can search Google for it.

A few tips to assist this:

You can restrict a Google search to a site by using: site:boardgamegeek.com

The images appear with their image number, with "pic" in front, and a ".jpg" extension.

So, for example, take a Go image in your personal gallery:

Courtesy of Hungadunga. Attribution idea courtesy of ronster0.

The ID is 1000048.

Search Google thusly: pic1000048.jpg site:boardgamegeek.com
And you get this result.

Which shows is appears in this geeklist.

You can also switch the Google search from a web search to an image search, but it brings up related images as well apparently (in this example, other pictures appearing in that geeklist).
9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds complicated, Michael!

I'm happy to have others use my pics - that's why I upload them in the first place.

But it would be cool to install a button that would list any and all links.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungadunga wrote:
That sounds complicated, Michael!

I'm happy to have others use my pics - that's why I upload them in the first place.

But it would be cool to install a button that would list any and all links.


Couldn't agree more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I don't think that search will pick up images in geeklists that aren't in the text.

Most images I use of someone's image is in the actual item. There is nothing more boring then a box lid as the image of a geeklist item entry, so I almost always change the image to something else.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.