Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know much about the world of Terrinoth but I was wondering if their was other races / faction that already existed in the fiction. Just to get an ideas of what the 5 to 6 players expansion might be like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you hear of a 5 to 6 player expansion?

As far as I know, the Terrinoth fluff only has these four races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:

No, no I have not heard of anything this is pure speculation of possible expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcs and Dwarves exist, so those are popular conjectures for extra races for Runewars (and presumably Rune Age if it is popular).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feralkoala wrote:
Orcs and Dwarves exist, so those are popular conjectures for extra races for Runewars (and presumably Rune Age if it is popular).

Excellent, whit the whole deck building game are so easy and cheap to manufacture I am pretty sure an expansion is already right around the corner. Would love if it was a 5 to 6 rather than something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
Feralkoala wrote:

Excellent, whit the whole deck building game are so easy and cheap to manufacture I am pretty sure an expansion is already right around the corner. Would love if it was a 5 to 6 rather than something else.

I'd rather, if they make it 5-6 players, have that just be a PART of the expansion. I *hate* expansions that have the primary purpose of just allowing more players, especially when they thrown in a small amount of "new stuff" also - I don't want to pay a bunch of money for a part I won't use, just to get a few extra components that I might.

Fortunately, FFG has been pretty good on that front. When they do make expansions that allow for more players, they make sure that's just an "extra bonus" to the expansion, not the primary goal. With Rune Age, I suspect if that ever happens, the same would be true. With two extra races, for instance, they could be usable for any size group, not just 5-6 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
Feralkoala wrote:

I'd rather, if they make it 5-6 players, have that just be a PART of the expansion. I *hate* expansions that have the primary purpose of just allowing more players, especially when they thrown in a small amount of "new stuff" also - I don't want to pay a bunch of money for a part I won't use, just to get a few extra components that I might.

Fortunately, FFG has been pretty good on that front. When they do make expansions that allow for more players, they make sure that's just an "extra bonus" to the expansion, not the primary goal. With Rune Age, I suspect if that ever happens, the same would be true. With two extra races, for instance, they could be usable for any size group, not just 5-6 player games.

Ha yes I totally agree, a good example is how they do expansions for Cosmic Encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:

What happened? I don't follow Terrinoth fluff but I played and still play a lot of Diskwars that was the first successful game in this world. DW had 10 races: these 4, dwarves, orcs, dragons, mahkim, k'ryth, acolytes of Timorran. Did they drop some of these over time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Celtic Joker wrote:

What happened? I don't follow Terrinoth fluff but I played and still play a lot of Diskwars that was the first successful game in this world. DW had 10 races: these 4, dwarves, orcs, dragons, mahkim, k'ryth, acolytes of Timorran. Did they drop some of these over time?

The Dwarves seem to be holed up in their caves or something; but they may come out sometime, who knows.

Orcs seem to have kind of tamed a bit; they don't seem to be the bloodthirsty brutes they once were.

The Dragons have pretty much been destroyed (assuming the Dragons faction in Diskwars was similar to the Dragonlords).

The Mahkim are still around, but it seems of late they are more tribal (based on Mists of Zanaga).

K'Ryth, who knows what happened to them.

The Acolytes have possibly become the Order of Kellos, and may have stopped taking an interest in direct miliatary conflict.

There are other races there, but I think *currently*, the Humans, Elves, Uthuk, and Undead are the prevailing ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.