Popular Tags: [View All]
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens if:

One side loses all their ships but has treasure on the home island?

Is a captured ship towed to the enemy home island and returned to service worth anything towards victory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold on a player's home island always counts toward the endgame scoring no matter what happens to their ships. In certain situations it's entirely possible for a player to have their entire fleet wiped out and still win the game simply because they managed to collect more gold beforehand.

Captured ships don't count toward victory, but they can help you get there more quickly by virtue of having that extra ship to work with (and your opponent having one fewer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one side is out of ships does the other get credit for all the remaining gold on wild islands? assuming a 2-player game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglum01 wrote:
If one side is out of ships does the other get credit for all the remaining gold on wild islands? assuming a 2-player game

I don't know if the rules specify that but by process of elimination they would in my opinion(and that's how we play it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglum01 wrote:
By the official rules, no, the game immediately ends at that point and no one gets the remaining gold.

If you want to claim the last bits you need get to them before wiping out the opposing player's fleet, or you need to let one of their ships keep sailing (preferably a slow one with a small cargo hold).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Woelf wrote:
Gold on a player's home island always counts toward the endgame scoring no matter what happens to their ships. In certain situations it's entirely possible for a player to have their entire fleet wiped out and still win the game simply because they managed to collect more gold beforehand.

I won that way once; my opponent would have won had I not decided that the captain of my last ship went suicidal and crashed into an iceberg (had one mast standing, so ramming an iceberg would have ended the game at the start of my next turn). lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.