Subject: Making a Game Order- Suggestions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Quillian
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm making an order before I head back to school so that I'll be well-stocked with ways to put off studying, and I'd love to have some input on what games to consider.

To give you an idea what I have and what I'd like-

What I have now:
Arkham Horror
Carcassonne
Citadels
Descent: Journeys in the Dark
Scepter of Zavandor
Small World

I enjoy all the games I have, but I think I'm looking for something a bit different to round out what kinds of games I have.

I'm going to be playing with a group of probably 4 at the least, sometimes 6. They're big into Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan at the moment (although I confess I'm not much of a fan of TtR- it's just to repetitive/shallow for my tastes). I feel like they'd be open to exploring some different and deeper games.

I was thinking maybe of Power Grid, Agricola, 7 Wonders, and/or Pandemic?

What are your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd pick power grid, as long as your group is OK with a lot of simple math. You already have a co-op, so can pass on pandemic for now. You can handle longer games, so 7 wonders isn't the obvious choice. Agricola is also good, but I think PG is a better fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Go bid or go home.

Medici maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Quillian
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
Isn't Ra also a popular bidding game? How does it compare with Medici?

Thanks for the fast responses so far guys. Medici hadn't even been on my radar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your next game is clearly Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra's great but only scales up to 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since your gaming group is really into Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan, I would suggest getting Stone Age as an introduction to worker placement games. After they have played that a few times you can hit them with Agricola to ramp up the depth.

I would also go with 7 Wonders.

If you are looking for another co-op game, Pandemic is good I own it and enjoy it, but Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game is really good especially if you have a consistent group to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.