Subject: Does this interest you? (zombie game) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, this is my game im working on. The game is pretty much finished, im now just typing up the rules and this is my first page. I just want to know if you are instantly turned off or intrigued.

OUTBREAK

Prologue

It had been a long 3 months here in the Shelter since the outbreak at the Biotech Research Facility, and still no help had arrived. Me and my fellow survivors had just finished eating when the alarms started ringing. The outer walls had just been breached. The horde were coming and we only had a few minutes. I grabbed what I could then headed for the emergency exit.

As I climbed the escape ladder, I could smell the carnage. I felt my heartbeat quicken. Car alarms were ringing in the distance, but all I could see was the raindrops as they fell, lit by the moonlight in the night sky as I peered up through the manhole above. Thats when I heard it, I looked down and there they were, I was just feet away from death. It was the first time id seen them with my own eyes, without hiding behind a security screen.

The horde, every bit as savage and bloodthirsty as you would expect. I tried to climb faster but was just too scared, my hands shaking as uncontrollably as I reached the top. Then there it was, the full scale of the horror became clear as I pulled myself out the hole and onto the roof of the shelter.

An abandoned city lay in ruin, smoke bellowed into the night sky. The smell of rotting flesh so strong I almost vomit. I looked down below and they were everywhere. I never thought it could really happen but it has. Zombies litter the streets, every road is blocked by the undead.

On the roof there was a sign. “If you are reading this then your situation has been compromised. You need to escape the city. Head for the Airport, Bridge, or Port. These are the only ways off the island. Good luck”

It’s like they knew this would happen. As I look round for the other survivors I noticed they all have their own idea of how best to escape as they started heading off. Looks like im on my own...

Game Objective

The objective of the game is to be the first player to escape the city island that you are trapped on. You can do this in one of three ways. You may escape by Helicopter, Boat, or the only bridge back to the mainland.

How to win

Boat – Collect a tool to free the boat, the key, 1 fuel, and the Captain and make it to the dock.

Helicopter – Collect 2 fuels, the key, and the Pilot or Co-Pilot and make it to the helipad.

Bridge – Defeat one of the three random bridge bosses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Page 1 of my rulebook, any thoughts? (zombie game)
Well, it sounds a lot like a pc-game I recently played...
Just curious how the game would play because there already are a few zombie games around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will play differently to any other zombie game around, focusing alot on searching buildings and scavenging. With less luck and more tactics.
BTW what pc game was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, your tenses are all a bit wonky... and poor grammar tends to put me off reading further (sorry!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Well, your tenses are all a bit wonky... and poor grammar tends to put me off reading further (sorry!).

Yeah tell me about it, I banged all that out at work this morning, trying not to get caught of course. I thought I done an okay job of it lol
If your unable to read through that little piece with bad grammar your a truely inpatient being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good!

This is the kind of game I would like to try
Is there some degree of cooperation, you plan, or every man for himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
Looking good!

This is the kind of game I would like to try
Is there some degree of cooperation, you plan, or every man for himself?

Thanks man, na this game will be an every man for himself game but you will be able to trade items with other players if you choose. Its possible that ill add a co-op variant later but for now its a competative game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:
gamesbook wrote:

Yeah tell me about it, I banged all that out at work this morning, trying not to get caught of course. I thought I done an okay job of it lol
If your unable to read through that little piece with bad grammar your a truely inpatient being.

*impatient

Actually, he has a point - it's easier to present advice on something when you are not distracted by errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sica wrote:
HuntersMoon wrote:
gamesbook wrote:

*impatient

Actually, he has a point - it's easier to present advice on something when you are not distracted by errors

I am aware of how to spell, its just this is all being typed up on an iphone so mistakes will be made with its annoyingly small keyboard. Anyways im off now to go get a degree in english literature!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Schwanhäußer
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
From the description so far i can´t see a big difference to Last Night on Earth, so my first feeling was "why would i need this".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet had the pleasure of playing Last Night on Earth but I have read much about it. Getting hold of that game is on my to-do list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked especially the whole alternative transportation deal. And also that you needed different objects to reach those means of transportation. Will there be one playing the zombies, or are they rather represented through a deck. That seems perhaps as the best solution; a deck controlling the zombies. Are you thinking dice rolling and stuff, too? Can`t wait to see the final result!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
I liked especially the whole alternative transportation deal. And also that you needed different objects to reach those means of transportation. Will there be one playing the zombies, or are they rather represented through a deck. That seems perhaps as the best solution; a deck controlling the zombies. Are you thinking dice rolling and stuff, too? Can`t wait to see the final result!

Hey there, thanks.
Because the game is competative the players control the enemies. After each different players turn they roll 1 die, the result will be the amount of enemies you can move, next you roll 2 dice, this will be the amount of movements you can move the enemies.
For example, you roll a 4 then a 10, so you can move any 4 enemies a total of 10 spaces. Different enemies can only move a certain amount of spaces though. This will allow you to slow the opposition down and block pathways off. The main emphasis on the game will be to search, search, search. You will need plenty of supplies if you want to escape this city.
I hope your still interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I am already big fan of this game! How soon can you have it distributed to the general public? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.