Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Brass: Lancashire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Income player turn question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

My question here is really simple.

Do all players recieve income t the start of the turn and then one by one take their actions

OR

Does each player receive income just before he takes his turn?

I haven't played the game for I couldn't solve this question...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
Both end up being the same so it doesn't really matter, although I think it's easier to remember to give everyone all at once their income at the start of every turn...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Both end up being the same so it doesn't really matter, although I think it's easier to remember to give everyone all at once their income at the start of every turn...



Actually it can make a difference, for example if I chose to sell cotton via another players port and he plays after me, I might give him money to do something I don't want him to do. If he takes the income at the start of the turn and I spend less money than him, I play before him and therefore can block him of that particular action...

So it makes a difference
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Every player gets his money at the same time
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
Greeek geek wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Both end up being the same so it doesn't really matter, although I think it's easier to remember to give everyone all at once their income at the start of every turn...



Actually it can make a difference, for example if I chose to sell cotton via another players port and he plays after me, I might give him money to do something I don't want him to do. If he takes the income at the start of the turn and I spend less money than him, I play before him and therefore can block him of that particular action...

So it makes a difference


Yeah then it makes a difference indeed, the official rules say at the start of a new turn, so for all players...

It's the most logical thing to do, besides, the online implementation does it like that as well (in case you still have doubts)....

From the rulebook:


Which clearly states what one should do every round, not for each player's turn...

Not sure why it could be interpreted any different...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I used to play it like that but a friend told me I was playing the game wrong, so he confused me. i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks a lot for the answers guys. that's why I love BGG!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...I have played this rule wrong. I have always taken the income at start of each player's turn. Actually it's adds some nice elements to the game. Sometimes the player before you may flip your coal mine or iron mill and that might increase your income. I guess it doesn't matter really that much which way you play. Nothing too drastic.

Actually each player has filled his hand after his turn in our games. It gives you more time to plan your strategies while othere players are taking their turn.So I think it's better to refill your hand after your turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Actually each player has filled his hand after his turn in our games. It gives you more time to plan your strategies while othere players are taking their turn.So I think it's better to refill your hand after your turn.

I agree that refilling your hand immediately after your turn is best. The online version does this so that you can begin to plan your next turn without waiting hours or days to see your next two cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.