Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys and Gals (yes, there is the occasional lady who buys our games),

We've been shipping these since Wednesday (July 27th). Who has their copy? What do you think of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine this morning Mark. Really sweet. Heavy stuff (in terms of component quality). The rule books and scenarios are top notch.

The map well is SPECTACULAR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived this morning.

Quality looks great. Will comment more later, but I wish the map had geomorphic edges to support (hopefully) additional modules.

Looking forward to seeing how those side open spaces in the southeast play in battle (bad for infantry and dominated by firepower?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Pete Atack wrote:
Arrived this morning.

Quality looks great. Will comment more later, but I wish the map had geomorphic edges to support (hopefully) additional modules.

Looking forward to seeing how those side open spaces in the southeast play in battle (bad for infantry and dominated by firepower?).

I had a chance to look at Peters copy, while he was thrashing me in TUS.
Bastard.

Your printer change is a good one ( I assume ), Counters pop super easy. looks possibly the best I have ever seen a LnL Publishing game.

The rules (I aint played no stinking LnL I 'm a W@W fan boy...well not after today.) look meaty, but very well laid out. Great cover art...where is my T-Shirt.....ahem.

I told Peter he was a loser until he read Revelations. I think he is going to man up and buy a copy.

Meanwhile the map is a great zoom in on Eisenbach. I gently touched K17....ahhh.

The Open ground as Peter says REALLY looks like a Kill zone.

- Peter once I learn the game lets do an EG scenario - and IF we can fake it - do a zoom in and transfer to HotG....just saying, we could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Meanwhile the map is a great zoom in on Eisenbach. I gently touched K17....ahhh.

LOL, I hear ya. One day I will do a skirmish level minis game in that universe so we can relive all the scenes from Revelations (and Everyone Dies in the End too).

It's not really a change in printers. I have an overseas printer that does the LnL stuff (and ATZ)...mainly because of the mounted board requirements.

I still love the printer in PA for most of our other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Big-Board/125772314182012
Come hang this Thursday if you wonder what it looks like, cant wait for yours, or are a lurker.

Live shrink rip at the The Big Board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

LOL, I hear ya. One day I will do a skirmish level minis game in that universe so we can relive all the scenes from Revelations (and Everyone Dies in the End too).

It's not really a change in printers. I have an overseas printer that does the LnL stuff (and ATZ)...mainly because of the mounted board requirements.

I still love the printer in PA for most of our other stuff.

Ahh cooolio on the Minis - too fun.
This is my first LnL game nice maps.
If you wanted to do geomorphic, you could easily print 'strips' for map edges to allow expansion maps, maybe shove them in a LoF mag.

Have you ever thought about an online tie in for some of your games?
Gotta run, publishing a 2 part PiB video adieu douce courageux Français

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Smaller LnL maps are geomorphic, Kevin. This one, Dark July, and Noville aren't. Thanks for all the video work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadav Abramovitz
Israel
Ramat Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:

We've been shipping these since Wednesday (July 27th). Who has their copy? What do you think of it?

I don't.

Why wasn't my copy even shipped yet?
I've pre-ordered, and still got no notification of a shipment, even though retailers already started selling the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
while he was thrashing me in TUS.

You deserved a warm welcome back to wargaming and the LnLP Community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadev,

I beleive that they are sending them out in order of pre-order. I too have not heard anything - but I ordered fairlyl late (May IIRC).

Additionally, I believe that they are trying to combine shipments with LOF 10 - so if you ordered both, that could be the delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
ooops. that might put a hole in the thursday nite plans? I think I ordered pretty late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
ooops. that might put a hole in the thursday nite plans? I think I ordered pretty late.

We are going as fast as we can. If a retailer is selling the game then it is one of two things

1) They're lying...they don't have any copies and are taking money and will ship later.
2) They pre-ordered just like you. If a reseller agrees to preorder, and allows us to charge their credit card when the game goes to the printer, then their games are shipped with the other pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
hipshot wrote:

We are going as fast as we can. If a retailer is selling the game then it is one of two things

1) They're lying...they don't have any copies and are taking money and will ship later.
2) They pre-ordered just like you. If a reseller agrees to preorder, and allows us to charge their credit card when the game goes to the printer, then their games are shipped with the other pre-orders.

i got mine..i got mine..i got mine.
For those interested or bi-curious about the contents a shrink rip party at my place Thursday nite.
Come to my house OR come online for 30 minutes while we rip shrink, examine contents, rag Marks Guns of August ( see facebook for relevance ) and talk about the rules, scenarios etc!

See the bigboard on facebook for invite time, and voice IP details.
http://meshtime.com/2011/08/01/its-here/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

I'll be at WBC, but I'll try to make it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:

Hi Mark,
unfortunally, i have not received yet cry ...
checking in LnL my Order Status Page, there is no "Ship Date" for my Order: does it mean that HoG has not been sent to me yet?

...i am champing at the bit to play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. The rules are a little dense and I need to make a summary sheet but it definitely does what it sets out to do. My last page was torn but its just an ad so no biggie.

There seems to be a lack of "hovering" markers, I only found 2 and one scenario has 5 helos running around.

I was overwhelemed trying to run the helo assault scenario, I'm going to try something with less moving parts to get a better feel for things.

Poliorcetes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poliorcetes wrote:
I love it. The rules are a little dense and I need to make a summary sheet but it definitely does what it sets out to do. My last page was torn but its just an ad so no biggie.

There seems to be a lack of "hovering" markers, I only found 2 and one scenario has 5 helos running around.

I was overwhelemed trying to run the helo assault scenario, I'm going to try something with less moving parts to get a better feel for things.

Poliorcetes

Try "Back to Basics" if you are new to LnL. It's just infantry and only 5 turns long. Good starter... but not easy to win... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on this one to show. Checking my mailbox for the delivery notice every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Poliorcetes wrote:

Poliorcetes

I will pay GG for a summary sheet!!!! But its got to be for all the rules!
And as good as the WaW ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Try "Back to Basics" if you are new to LnL. It's just infantry and only 5 turns long. Good starter... but not easy to win...

Absolutely, and then play Down Time, which only includes one Soviet T-62. Air Assault is jumping in at the deep end, the very deep in, like you need scuba tanks deep.

BTW, I think Vance and I are finishing our VASSAL game of Back to Basics Wednesday night at 7:00 PM EDT. Y'all come watch. Actually, as any southerner knows, that's incorrect. It's all y'all come watch.

And yes, I can ask Steve Pultorak if he will do a summary sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was in this mornings mail!

Good thing I'm on vacation for the rest of the week and it's supposed to rain... just have to find a way to avoid my wife's "honey do" lists...

All components are in perfect condition. Love the large accordion board, just great to look at.

Off I go to start playing.....cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:
Try "Back to Basics" if you are new to LnL. It's just infantry and only 5 turns long. Good starter... but not easy to win...

Absolutely, and then play Down Time, which only includes one Soviet T-62. Air Assault is jumping in at the deep end, the very deep in, like you need scuba tanks deep.

BTW, I think Vance and I are finishing our VASSAL game of Back to Basics Wednesday night at 7:00 PM EDT. Y'all come watch. Actually, as any southerner knows, that's incorrect. It's all y'all come watch.

And yes, I can ask Steve Pultorak if he will do a summary sheet.

will you be skyping also? I'll look for u guys on Wed evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
will you be skyping also? I'll look for u guys on Wed evening.

No Skype as Mark is on a satallite internet. But there is lots of typing and we always try to spell out the moves and attacks so everyone can follow what we're up to.

I also have the log file from the first session and will make a log of this one too. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadav Abramovitz
Israel
Ramat Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we even supposed to receive a notification of the order being sent? and the tracking number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.