Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of Plunder today. I opened it to find two of the silver pieces missing. Is this crucial? Will I ever need all of the pieces to play the game properly? Or is silver sort of "banked" in a pile that you pull from that is replenished?

And, umm, no I haven't read the rules yet.

Thanks!

arrrh

edit: oops, had to fix a formatting situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think 2 silver is going to make any difference since there are enough gold to trade silver for. (10 to 1)

This is an especially good game for 2 players. Hope you enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Lepp
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
There's supposed to be 70 silver tokens total. As long as the players all cash in (to the Treasurer) silver for gold every time they have 10 silvers, that means only 40 silvers will ever be in play at one time (with the max of 4 players). So no, you won't absolutely need all 70 silver tokens.

That said, let me talk to Laughing Pan Productions and see if there's any way for us to send you another silver token sheet - there really should be.

Also, take a look at The Commodore's Game at http://www.plunderfanclub.com. In that PDF rules set are printable sheets for extra tokens.

Karl Lepp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two silver is not crucial to being able to play the game. It won't break it by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having already played the game, I do not think that the missing silver pieces will have much impact on the game, as there should be suffcient pieces already for all players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

My wife got me this game for Father's Day (at least that's what she's telling me, as she eyes the game herself!), knowing how huge a fan of pirate games I've become. I look forward to playing it before the week is out.

Mr. Lepp, I appreciate the kind gesture! I love the presentation of your game, and I look forward to sailing in its waters. Kudos, Sir, to you and Mrs. Lepp.

Thanks again, folks, for the replies. I can always count on BGG.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Corbin
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
You can probably make do without the missing two silver but you should not have to. I would recommend contacting the publisher Laughing Pan and let them know about it. You can contact them via email at info@laughingpan.com.

If you need more silver, flags, or cargo counters, you can download PDF files for these from the Plunder Fan Club website (www.plunderfanclub.com) and print more counters yourself. The PDFs are located with the Commodores Game which is an expanded rules set for Plunder. The Fan Club also has a list of FAQs and an email list you might find helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
My silver sheet was also missing a few silver pieces. I thought I'd find them lying in the bottom of the box, but nope, they were gone! I figured 3 silvers wouldn't make much difference anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Lepp
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
I've received confirmation that Laughing Pan Productions will send replacements for the missing silver. I've sent Hilary and Chad private messages about this as well.

If anyone is missing components from Plunder, please email sales@laughingpan.com with contact information - they will coordinate supplying any replacement parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.