Subject: Strategy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
emiel van marwijk

Zevenaar
Netherlands
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we find it with AR, statistics is what 'drives' us, only challenge would be choosing the Mode: Back-off, Normal or Charge.
I'm not putting the game down, but is it suitable for some extra rules and if it does, what kind of rules would that be.
I found some:
Start speed: you have to start with back-off>>>Normal and if selected you could go for Charge in your 3rd turn.
Corner speed limitation: every corner is a Normal mode corner.
Drafting: when behind a lead car you can draft as long as both player are moving under the same mode.
pit stops will end such a draft as will a spin out.
Maybe there are more suggestions?
Please let me know....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be interested to see what you come up with. For me this is a game about letting the stats pushing the game. I agree there are not many meaningful decisions. But I am at peace with that. I enjoy pushing the cars around to see how the stats drive the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emiel van marwijk

Zevenaar
Netherlands
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,
I'm going to use these rules next time we will race.

Start speed>>>Back-off>>Normal>Charge if you wish(keep in mind that we will use the Corner Limitation Speed)
Corner Limitation Speed>>>Drivers can only enter a turn in Back-off or Normal mode.
If they were in the Charge mode and it brings them into a turn then the car will be placed at the beginning of that turn(just outside) and that driver will lose the next movement-phase.(Skip one player-turn)
Drafting>>>Any driver that ends up in a space directly behind another car(only on the straights) can decide to draft the next turn or challenge the car in front for position.( Both drivers roll one die, high number wins, if 'attacker' wins he will move his car 3 spaces, if he looses he will then be unable to draft that lead car in the next movement-phase.
In order to draft both cars need to be driving in the same mode and the lead car must remain within its lane( track is divided into 3 lanes, seperated by heavy black lines). If the lead car crosses a black heavy line there will be no drafting possible.
When drafting does occur and the lead driver get's in an accident the following car will suffer the same effects as the lead car.
That's all for now,
need to play these rules first and i'll be back with some results....playable or not....?
We will find out..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
curt young
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
hey u guys:
i c just a tiny bit of strategy in AH's USAC racing -- get 2 the inside lane and stay there if at all possible. there is so much distance 2 b saved in the corners by taking the inside lane that it is suicidal 2 ignore that advantage. this is such a contrast with AH's speed circuit, in which a car in the outer lane [at greater turning radius] is allowed 2 pass through curves at a greater speed, usually countering the extra distance 2 b traversed.
it seems, though, that the element of luck greatly outweighs that of strategy in this game, so that it becomes a game of survival.
on the other hand, with speed circuit, the game can even b played without dice by disallowing all dice rolls! then, skill rules the day, making it difficult 4 an inferior driver 2 catch up in that last lap. over the years, i have played speed circuit without the dice until recently and prefer that modification 2 eliminate luck. it is difficult 2 argue who is the better driver then. if youngest driver gets better position at start of the race, that is the only decision not made by skill.
curt young
chittenango NY
kannapolis NC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two players may conspire to block a third player from using the inside lane on the curve. Not sure if it is in the official AH rules, we allow players to move less than what the chart indicates. This allows players to block the inside curve lanes more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.