Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonid Libman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game and so far looks good. Just have few questions. According to the rules there are 3 types of firing boxes: green hexes, blue circles and tan squares. All of the battleships follow the rules except for two. Repulse and Arizona have Green Squares.

1. Am I missing something in the rules or this is just a misprint? Are those suppose to be green hexes?

2. What's the difference between original game and expansion? My game has has 112 action cards and 64 battleships. From what I understand it includes the expansion, or am I wrong? What are the other 16 cards that came with the expansion?

3. Are there any difference in rules between original game and expansion?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow-- how old is that game? And does it say on the box "Brawling Battleships" or "Brawling Battleships Steel"?

There was an original Brawling BB, which was expanded by "Steel" which added a few dreadnaughts and a bunch more action cards.

Very soon after bringing out the "Steel" expansion, they stopped making two separate games and just combined them into "Brawling Battleships, Steel" which actually had a few more cards than the original two (check the description on the home page of this thread.)

Your numbers are high for the first game and low for the expansion. So I'm not sure what you have.

I have one of the earliest releases of the "put them together" games, and the two cards you mention both have green hexes.

The only differences in rules that I know about are some clarity issues being made better.

After LBG gets caught up on all the SMG flurry of activity, they are going to repackage some of their best card games in a smarter way (that will save them money, which they will pass on). They'll also review the rules and the printing before going this route. You may be able to pick up the later, more complete game via the marketplace, or wait a bit for the repackaged version.

This is my favorite of the LBG card games (I like it even more than their reprint of Enemy in Sight, altho that is good too). Definitely on my "keep forever" list. Would be better if you got one fully functional.

Can't make promises, but you might contact the company and see about getting replacement cards for those two, but that doesn't change your card numbers overall.

PS- on the way out I caught your "just got this game." Did you get it used from someone? Or new someplace? If you got it new, it sounds like a genuine glitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have BB:Steel. Bought it from LBG a few years back at Cold Wars. According to the box the number of cards matches what was stated in the first message. I haven't bothered counting all of them yet though. My Arizona and Repulse have the green hex though.

It sounds like you may have the game but just a couple of cards are misprinted. As long as you go by color it should play the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonid Libman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonid Libman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game on ebay. The game came in VHS type of box and no STEEL in the title so I assume it is the first edition. Probably previous owner bought the expansion separately and added it to the game. Still wonder what the other 16 cards look like.

I thought this cards were part of extra rules added by the expansion. Since there are no exra rules they were probably misprinted. I don't mind a few misprinted cards as long as I know how to use them. I will assume they are green hexes. Actually now I feel like I got a collectible item since no one else seems to have them. :)

I posted a picture of cards in each category. It turns out there are five different firing boxes. Green hex, green square, blue circle, tan diamond and tan square. Do you guys also have diamonds?

Hope you guys can see the picture.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no diamonds at all. Just tan squares, green hexes, blue circles. I have never seen the first version or the individual expansion so I'm not sure what is up with them. Looks interesting though and as you say a unique item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.