The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: LotR:LCG Podcast lacks advertising rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello Forum,

I wanted to give a shout out to a wonderful podcast concerning this awesome game. It looks like these dudes don't want to advertise themselves, so here I go:

http://cardboardoftherings.wordpress.com/

And they already have 6 episodes up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Beeley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed I have been listening to their podcast for a few weeks and I have really enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
msg tools
I havent listed yet but what do they generally discuss? Im assuming just rules/strats/upcoming packs/wish lists/etc.? Do they narrate play throughs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
reno1051 wrote:
I havent listed yet but what do they generally discuss? Im assuming just rules/strats/upcoming packs/wish lists/etc.?

Pretty much exactly that, plus a lot of card breakdown (how do they like/dislike this and that card, how to use them, etc.)
reno1051 wrote:
Do they narrate play throughs?

They don't so far, but I bet they welcome listener suggestions (and this sounds like a sweet one, they could maybe narrate each new quest, before they looked at the Encounter cards, also talking about their strategy how to approach an unknown quest... great idea)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
msg tools
hmm maybe ill give them a listen to while at work after i listen to opie and anthony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I've really enjoyed the first 4 episodes that I've listened to. The audio quality is decent and they do a pretty good job staying on topic without being too structured. Definitely recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
Hello Forum,

I wanted to give a shout out to a wonderful podcast concerning this awesome game. It looks like these dudes don't want to advertise themselves, so here I go:

http://cardboardoftherings.wordpress.com/

And they already have 6 episodes up!

Listened today and thought it was excellent. Really well produced and interesting content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've listened to the first three episodes and you almost gets a headache from listening to all the rules they get wrong (hope they get better in the later episodes) but they are very charismatic and fun to listen to so it's totally worth checking this podcast out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Unger
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
A Lannister always pays his debts.
badge
"There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes."
mbmbmbmb
ilgoga wrote:
I've listened to the first three episodes and you almost gets a headache from listening to all the rules they get wrong (hope they get better in the later episodes) but they are very charismatic and fun to listen to so it's totally worth checking this podcast out.

They seem to be nice and quite entertaining, but their understanding of the game's rules and cards really seems to be limited. I have stopped listening after the second episode because of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah kind of agree. There is a bit of confusion about some rules. Also not so keen on so many card and expansion spoilers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard of the Rings LOTR LCG Podcast
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advert! The feedback is useful. We have a third host now that is tight with the rules and we also do the first half spoiler free, followed by a second spoiler ridden half that you can go back and listen to after questing.

Thanks to all who listen, and if you haven't listened in a while check out episode 9 to see how far we've come! Find us on iTunes or cardboardoftherings.wordpress.com
\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Hedrick
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schaulustiger wrote:
ilgoga wrote:

They seem to be nice and quite entertaining, but their understanding of the game's rules and cards really seems to be limited. I have stopped listening after the second episode because of this.

I agree with these observations. Although they are obviously trying to maintain a unrehearsed and conversational feel, they would probably do well to rehearse just a "little" more to avoid some of the dead wrong off the cuff rules observations.

I'll also note that the humor and language used goes into not family friendly territory at least a few times each podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carolina_bryan wrote:
Schaulustiger wrote:
ilgoga wrote:

I agree with these observations. Although they are obviously trying to maintain a unrehearsed and conversational feel, they would probably do well to rehearse just a "little" more to avoid some of the dead wrong off the cuff rules observations.

I'll also note that the humor and language used goes into not family friendly territory at least a few times each podcast.

The most recent episode, 09/10/11 I think, is titled "Rules are for Fools."

I like the podcast. They sound like they are having fun. As far as rules go, they welcome feedback so anybody should
feel free to contact them and correct them. The better they get, the better the podcast will get.
And the F-bombs are very few and far between but they are there, as well as some mature joking around but I wouldn't worry too much. I doubt any non-gamer would make it 90 seconds in before they tuned the dialog out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.