Yggdrasil» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pushing enemies back rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K R
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just started playing Yggdrasil and was confused by something, can I push an enemy back to their initial starting position, or is the furthest I can push them back the 1st zone they move into on their first move? (The 1st level 5 zone)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
You only push an enemy back one space; and the farthest that an enemy can be pushed back is the starting position at the far left of Asgard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K R
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I understand I can only push them back 1 space (unless I use that one rune) but I think you answered my question. So I can push them back to the start zone where their combat power is 0? I wasn't sure if I could do that or not so I was playing the furthest I could push them back was to the very 1st level 5 zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McPhee
Scotland
Glasgow/ Elgin/ Ullapool (Garve)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You push them back one space, even if it crosses from one area where they are strength 6 to strength 5. The furthest back you can push them is to the edge of the board (on the left), i.e. their start-up position. It would be entirely possible to knock them back from Odin's home to the start IF, for the next 7 turns all players attacked and defeated the same bad guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K R
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok cool, that helps me out, I was making it harder on myself by not pushing them all the way back to the left, I was stopping at the first lvl 5 zone (The first zone they advance to with the little gate entrance.), so that will help me alot in future games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no strength listed for the starting positions because you can't fight them while they're in the starting position, but you can push them back to the starting area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.