Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a three-player game at Manorcon using the full map. Although it was enjoyable, the end dragged slightly since two companies reopened and bought trains and track, putting enough money back into the bank to add another set of rounds.

Those of you who have played both the full and short games. Which do you prefer for 3 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moss
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played one game with 3 players, but we played the full game - and pretty much ignored Corsica until about 65% of the way through the game, when we started to expand into it, mainly because we were blocking out most of Sardinia (because weren't absorbing our companies on Sardinia). So I think we experienced a similar problem with the game being extended as a result of new cashflow into the bank.

However I would still play the full game again with 3 players, as I think having learnt lessons from my first play, there are definitely opportunities to be explored utilising the Corsican companies much earlier on in the game - either through opening them up and trying to control Corsica, or by absorbing either a company from Sardinia into Corsica, or vice-versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our two games at Ropecon - both at four players, though - CFC was a major player in both of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.