Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
If I add an entry to a GeekList, I'd like to be able to be notified of replies to that entry.

If I like a GeekList, I'd like to be able to subscribe to all activity on it, as if I had created the list.

When I receive a message about GeekList activity, I'd like the title of the GeekList in the subject of the mail so I can tell whether the 20 messages I received are all about the same list.

Maybe this is some justification for integration of GeekLists and forums? A GeekList is like a forum folder and an entry is like a forum thread?

Thanks Aldie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I find GeekLists hard to read. I don't know how to find the newest content without looking at the last reply under each entry.

The only way I've thought this could be improved is to offer a date sort, pushing newest content to the top of the list. Keep the actual ordering for the Geeklist entry numbers. Then I can read from the top until I find something I've already seen, at which point I'll know I've read everything new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That points to the fact that the whole site needs an "I've seen this" function. Many other discussion forums I use keep track of which messages are new *for me*. Thus, when I visit the forum, I can click the "new" icon by a thread name, and it will take me to the spot where I last saw a post in that thread. This is normally tracked thread by thread, rather than the current "new posts" method used here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree as well. I also think it might be useful for Geeklist authors to be able to see who has subscribed to their Geeklists (added it to their favorites). But subscribers / linkers should probably also be able to switch off whether or not their username appears on that list. This would be useful for letting people know about new content or to ask opinions on, for example, what games a gaming group might want to schedule this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.