United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's high time I got off my behind and went on with the next phase of this game I've created. Namely, playtesting!

I'm looking for 2-3 playtest groups of 3 to 5 members for a game I've created. If interested, I would provide you with a copy of the most recent version of the rules, a prototype of the game and some questionaires for the members of the group to fill out to have sent back to me after the group has played the game a few times. Everything would be provided at no expense to you, and I would assume the postage charges for the return of the questionaires.

Anyone from the Geek who agrees to this would act as the "leader" of the playtest group and as the liason between your group and I (in the event that there are any questions about the rules, etc.)

If you've never playtested a game before but you're interested, sign up anyway! This is the first time I've created a game before, so this is all new to me as well.

All interest is welcome, though groups will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If there are any questions or comments, feel free to plug away! Otherwise, thanks for your time.

-Steve (Coach Z)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hints as to the game type? i.e., is it a wargame, party game, strategy game, etc.?

Can this game be played with children as young as 7?

How many players does it accommodate?

Thanks!

- Phil meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to know what type of game it is before saying I'd like to playtest it. Any more info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would be interested to find out the type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
type of game? age of players? I'm in if I can help and meet game requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, me too. But what is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for the details for me. Sign me up Coach! I've got a couple of different groups to try it out on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be interested if it sounds like a game I could convince my group to play. We could easily accomidate playing with 3, 4, or 5 players, so the testing could be more thourogh... but would my buddies be interested is my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it's Euroish or light wargamish, sign me up.

I have regular access to a 7 and 11 year old (who play PR-level games competitively) as well as some of their friends. I also get together semi-regularly with five or six other adult gamers whose tastes range from Euros to 18XX to World in Flames.

Also, please let me know what level of confidentiality that you need, because I also attend gaming sessions at a few game stores and could get more input there.

As long as it's fun, I should be able to get 20-30 hours of gaming on it in a month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am in a weekly group of 15-20 people, and we love to playtest.

If you still need us, we're here

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have enough time to playtest, but I wish you the best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested, but more info is needed. Ages & type of game mainly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve,

Can you give a little bit of information about "Zambo: The Game"? Just general stuff. It might help people decide if they're interested in playtesting. I'd probably be more inclined to participate in playtesting a 30-45 minute game than a 3-4 hour epic. Board game? Card game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that everyone else had the same questions.

Those ads placed right under the main message keep throwing me off. I don't have my window maximized, so I need to scroll a lot. When I see the ad, I assume I'm at the bottom of the page and hit "reply". Not that you care...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Our group is totally interested. We're very "mainstream" in terms of taste, but I mean that in the BGG sense. We've got a guy who likes wargames and a guy who like euros and a guy who likes stupid games.

But we're united in our desire to try new things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve,

How long is the game? I have a group that plays at lunch that would be interested if the game is shorter than an hour.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! wow

I didn't expect so many people to be interested and to respond so quickly! Sorry I didn't get a chance to answer the questions earlier as our power went out at work and we were all sent home early (I know, boo hoo poor Coach! )

Here are the details:

It's a card game, and a pretty simple one at that. You have two decisions to make each turn, but those decisions can impact your fellow players as well as the overall "outlook" of what's going on. It accomodates 3-5 players and once people have the rules down, should play out within 30-40 minutes. Think: middleweight card game disguised in filler-length clothing. Oh, and it definitely would be marketed (and appeal) to the Euro crowd.

Again, I'm blown away by the response. Thank you! I'm going to open it up to a total of 5 groups to test. The first five responses after this "clarification" of the type of game it is will be the ones selected. Please respond to this thread; any PMs to me are not eligible.

Thank you again!
-Steve (Coach Z)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
My group will do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Martin
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
This above all: To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
mbmbmbmbmb
My group would enjoy it as well! We'd love to do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure We are in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to playtest this for you.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooky
United States
Canton
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group would love to playtest this for you.

Jooky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I ...

.... Well, shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I ...

.... Well, shit.

Don't feel too bad yet... I havn't actually talked to my game group... so I'm Hoping they are up for the idea... so you can be my alternate if my group says... Yuck... "why would we want to do that". I hope they don't because I think playtesting could be quite fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, Eddie. I would open it up to more groups but I don't think a card game like this will need that much playtesting.

However, there's a board game I'm working on (still in development) that when I'm ready for external playtesting, I will have a nice list of people to choose from.

Thanks, everyone! I will contact The Unbeliever, bard, Melsana, Spielfreak and Jooky soon with instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.