Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First- This is the best solitaire wargame ever.

But, there is one thing that will ruin my immersion in the game. When or more probably if I select campaign with fleets. What it bothers me is the placement of sites. Maybe I can imagine approach placement of Shilkas in a narrow fjord. But in center!

You may imagine an AA ship instead of SA-8, but a ship is not a soft target with a cluster bomb bonus.

Easy fix:

Make a new set of counters (download) to draw from when picking a naval target. Just some generic frigate/gunboats will do.

A great game anyway!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This irks me as well! And I would gladlybuy this material in an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I'll take a look at adding more counters.

I googled "cluster bombs against naval targets" and came up with several hits, including "Operation Praying Mantis" where A-6s dropped rockeyes on small Iranian ships...

http://www.navybook.com/nohigherhonor/pic-prayingmantis.shtm...

Naval ships are not armored like they used to be. Cluster munitions that can pentrate tank armor will easily pierce ship hulls and damage radar masts, launchers, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!!

BTW

Wonderful game you have created!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WORELOF PENDRAGON
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes agreed the best game experince ever.After a year I still pull this gem out.I do that for no other game!I rate all games based on this, due to my own ongoing personal enjoyment.While we have DAN's ear.I would firstly like to say thanks for this great game!Secondly if you can answer, are there any plans for an expansion.Due to its popularity.I imagine this thought has crossed your mind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed with you all here.

im planning to make some boat/ship counters with the same weapon stat as the AAA/SAM sites, all soft targets off course (refering to Operation Praying Mantis) and all should be considered vehicle (moving).

however there should be weapon restriction when attacking seaborne targets.. Harpoon is a good choice for stand off attack, maverick missile i dont know if its usable at sea, rockets is very usable especially against gunboats , cluster bomb too, and dumb bombs like MK82/83/84 should be usable (historically used on the invading british fleet by brave argentinian in Malvinas conflict)..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. This baffled me the first time I had a fleet mission - "surely I'm not placing AAA units/SA-x installations in the middle of the water?" "Yep."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.