Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing the extension since a few days... But a few questions are bothering us, being the normal game or the expansion, regarding the combat. We have been playing it in one way but some of our players came up with questions that did rise some doubt about the way we are playing it...Maybe they were answered before on a post, but I did not see them.

1- After combat when the invader is the only surviving side, it is written that the invading legions must be allocated to choose an option...
a) Mythological creatures are not legions. Can they do the same? We think : yes
b) Is there is only one choice possible or can the invading units can perform, say, a sack and a occupation by two different legions after combat? We think: yes
c) After the round, let say a sack was done by a legion, nowhere it is said that the legion can do it again in the next round ( if it stays there without opposition) to a different target in that same province or even start a occupation. Because the 3 choices for the invading force are specified AFTER INVASION. Does that means, the unit has to leave the province and come back to get the benefit of another invasion? It should state that any ennemy occuping a controlled province with a marker can use one or any choice. We think: the invader can repeat until he is repelled from the ennemy region.

2- During the God Phase, can you use a god power immediatly or after that phase allowing every player the possibility to choose one God. That way you can use a god power before Ishtar being bought? We think: you have to wait at the end of the phase to start using a God.

Please, we need your comments before our next encounter...
Any way, good game with the expansion( a must) to balance everything.

Owl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 a. Seems reasonable.

1 b) Only one choice is possible, regardless of number of legions etc!

1 c) ": the invader can repeat until he is repelled from the ennemy region." Correct - as long as you are (whether your units moved there this or an earlier turn, fought there this turn or earlier etc) alone in a enemy influenced region, you may do one of the choices! The phrasing in the rules should have gone something like this: If the military phase ends with only one players units in a region with an enemy influence marker (regardless of a battle being fought or not) - that player may choose ONE of the following alternatives...

2. Beats me. I would say no to such use before the Gods phase is over, but someone more versed in the game and its rules should answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1a) I'd also say YES, but there is no official confirmation I'm aware of.

1b) ONLY ONE CHOICE is possible, it's explicitly said in the rules and also implied in several of the faqs within the rules.

1c) Again, no offical answer, afaik. But from common sense the answer seems to be: YES! Otherwise the best defence against an invasion would be to do NOTHING to repell the invader!

2) This one is trickier. I'd say NO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you. I think all your answers made sens...
Regarding the God question, after second thought, I think the role of Priest is now more important then I thought if the order of play can prevent a player from even protecting himself with Ishtar.

Thanks again...

Owl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.