Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Two kids means equal time, right? Any parent knows that! My daughter gets her turn to talk about the games she likes. Yeah, I know that means FOUR podcasts from me in the past four days... Trust me, that will slow down. I'm away from home (and laptop) this weekend, including missing game night on Friday. It HAS to slow down.

So sue me, I'm having fun.

http://BoardgamesToGo.com

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Loved both your episodes with the kids... almost makes me want my own

Skipped over the RoboRally episode... I hate that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I'll be doing more podcasts with my kids over the summer (possibly beyond)...but I'll always clearly indicate that for the kid-averse gamers.

Aldie wrote:

Fair enough. But I don't really care for the game, either, in case you want to hear another dissenting opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Would that be a subtle announcement or pre-announcement Aldie? You and Michelle could have your own little Avatarettes cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Actually... hate is a strong word. I am looking forward to the new version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Its funny, this was one of my near misses on possible gateway games. I used to go to a big SciFi/Fantasy convention (DragonCon). After playing Space Hulk on the 3DO, I wanted to get the game, so I asked about it at the convention.

While I was asking around, I had several people suggest Robo Rally as a better game, but nobody had the game for sale. It might have already been out of print, but it was by one of the few designers I knew by name, so I remember it. Ever since then, I have wondered if I would like it.

Comments like yours, especially from a programmer and game lover, make me nervous... Also, Avalon Hasbro seems to be on a streak of not-quite-there releases. Regardless, it does sound like this will be a good release, and I am really looking forward to it.

--------

Now, back on Topic. I must admit that I found Mark's episode with his son more interesting than I expected. He might have just been playing nice because he was being recorded by his dad for a show about boardgames, but he seemed much more interested than I (and I suspect Mark) thought he would be. It is funny that he seems to like Chess so much while Mark doesn't seem to care for it.

I will probably listen to this show tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
tpancoast wrote:
[his son] seemed much more interested than I (and I suspect Mark) thought he would be. It is funny that he seems to like Chess so much while Mark doesn't seem to care for it.

I think there was an unexpected but welcome side effect from this podcast. My kids (especially Sam) wanted to participate in the podcast so much, it's boosted their interest in boardgames. They know that's all the podcast is about, so to be relevant they need to play more games with me!

It's also summertime, and the kids have more time during the day to play other stuff (videogames, swimming, have friends over), so they're more willing to play a game with me in the evening. I think.

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.