Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David 104, Jon 80, Gili 68, Zeke/Saarya 64

Just as we started, Gili showed up, so we redrew the tiles and started again.

The first pick held two treasure fields, so there was little point in bidding. Still, I foolishly paid 4 points to go first. As the game progressed, David had the most treasures and sets. Zeke had 5 treasures, all different, while I had three sets of two.

Gili was behind in treasures, but way ahead in temples, with five or so ready to score by the first scoring round, so I went and stole one of hers right before scoring. This was instead of stealing David's, whose temples were harder to get to, anyway. I thought Gili was more likely to get ahead at that point. I definitely set her back, but at the expense of giving the game to David. He now had best treasures, at least as good temples, and no chance for anyone to steal them.

Zeke took a very, very long time to make most of his moves. I tried to tell him that there is no "best move" no matter how long you stare at the board. Eventually, I had to give him a time limit; that is a rare event for me. Nadine suggested that he was having a hard time playing because I/we weren't giving him enough strategy advice for his first plays. I guess she was right, but I feel uncomfortable basically playing the game for someone. On the one hand, Zeke is pretty young; on the other hand, he is pretty bright. I think he was just a little overwhelmed by the amount of options in the game.

After the first scoring round, we were pretty close. By the second round, David was ahead, and I was close behind, along with Gili. By the third round, which was the turn before the last, Gili had slipped back, and David was far ahead. There was no real chance to change positions before the game ended. We couldn't even use a number of actions at the end. Every temple tile had been placed and guarded, and the treasures taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.