Subject: When will the promo cards be available at the geek store? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: New York 1901 fanMicrobadge: I love all games!Microbadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
Just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: When will the promo cards be available in the geek store?
Posted Thu Aug 4, 2011 7:40 pm here
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

I just met with the fine fellows from IELLO at GenCon today, and they confirmed the promos will be here soon (and will likely coincide with the release of the base game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
Microbadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: TurtleCON Attendee
I just got an email from IELLO that the cards will be arriving today, so my guess is that Kristine will have them up on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: The Thing fanMicrobadge: GreyElephant GamingMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I just got an email from IELLO that the cards will be arriving today, so my guess is that Kristine will have them up on Monday.
Good, this might mean that the base game isn't far behind. Would be wonderful to see my Quarriors and King Of Tokyo both come in stock at the same time at Coolstuffinc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Microbadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: TurtleCON Attendee
The cards arrived today! It will likely be at least another week, however, until they make it into the store since they didn't arrive pre-packaged into sets of 11. So, Kristine's family will have to have a collating party before they can be offered up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: The Thing fanMicrobadge: GreyElephant GamingMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Rock on Chaddyboy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cadwallon: City of Thieves fanMicrobadge: Heroscape fanMicrobadge: Persona 4 fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Trek fan
greyelephant wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Good, this might mean that the base game isn't far behind. Would be wonderful to see my Quarriors and King Of Tokyo both come in stock at the same time at Coolstuffinc.
Yeah, I have a big order at CSI just waiting on King of Tokyo, too. Here's hoping it's soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Z-Man Games/Plaid Hat Games "Tail Feathers" Contest participantMicrobadge: Modiphius Entertainment "Thunderbirds" Contest participant
We have been playing "King of Toyko" since I got it (a few weeks before GenCon) and I can tell you that the cards make a good game even better. Even better news was that they were releasing 11 promo cards and now the time is almost here and I can not wait.

If you have yet to play "King of Toyko", it is a blast. These 11 cards will only add to the fun so if you are picking up a copy (or already have a copy) then this is a MUST buy.

Game on;
-John-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: New York 1901 fanMicrobadge: I love all games!Microbadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
Tell Kristine mucho thanks for her family's upcoming collating efforts. We fans certainly appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Z-Man Games/Plaid Hat Games "Tail Feathers" Contest participantMicrobadge: Modiphius Entertainment "Thunderbirds" Contest participant
Fully agree, a huge Thank You to Kristine and her family for all of their hard work.

Game on,
-John-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
Microbadge: VegetarianMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer fanMicrobadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fan
I have a feeling I will have the promo cards way before the full game. I hope the game will end up in Hungary eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
stadi wrote:
I have a feeling I will have the promo cards way before the full game. I hope the game will end up in Hungary eventually.
You and me both! The sad part is it's holding up my whole pre-order from Coolstuffinc!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: WriterMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: FeminismMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
For whatever it's worth, I just visited MiniatureMarket (where I ordered the game from) and my order seems to have shipped. So, there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
ohbalto wrote:
For whatever it's worth, I just visited MiniatureMarket (where I ordered the game from) and my order seems to have shipped. So, there you go.
Nothing for me yet. I checked MM website and it does still say "pre-order", but they may of not updated it yet. I don't imagine they would have shipped your order without it though. I sure hope to get updated soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Knife fanMicrobadge: Yasujirou Ozu fanMicrobadge: You've been CakedMicrobadge: K Records FanMicrobadge: Feminism
ohbalto wrote:
Don't get your hopes up. I preordered from miniaturemarket and my order said shipped as soon as it was placed. So, I don't think that means anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xdoom songx
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: Gojira (Godzilla) fanMicrobadge: 1-UpMicrobadge: 2010 Secret Santa participant
Just wondering if these had already been posted and sold out, or if they had yet to be posted. Or perhaps I am just blind and missing them... excited about this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
You have not missed them as they have not yet been posted. Keep your eyes open as they said they have recieved them and are sorting them out (as they did not come seperated).

Game on;
-John-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Duglis wrote:
Soon?
Unfortunately, we had to postpone the release of this promo... until Monday, August 22nd, when I've been told they will be released along with 3 other super cool promos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
What? Other super cool promos? Now that IS super cool cool

Game on;
-John-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cadwallon: City of Thieves fanMicrobadge: Heroscape fanMicrobadge: Persona 4 fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Trek fan
johnwiser wrote:
What? Other super cool promos? Now that IS super cool cool
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering what the other promos are now, too! lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xdoom songx
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: Gojira (Godzilla) fanMicrobadge: 1-UpMicrobadge: 2010 Secret Santa participant
Me three, what a tease!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
Microbadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: I Adventure with JakeMicrobadge: Quined Games "Firenze, Raiatea and Counterfeiters" Contest ParticipantMicrobadge: I Adventure with FinnMicrobadge: 2014 Secret Santa participant
check the news they are up alongside a Dominion promo hmmm nice!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xdoom songx
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Got mine ordered this afternoon...now if the game would get here, I'm set for some monster madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
As it has been stated this is a 11 card set. Not some 1-3 card promo set you can take or leave, this is 11 new cards you are able to add into your deck and use right away.

After a many of plays of "King of Tokyo" I can tell you that the cards really add to the game so 11 new cards are a for sure "Must Buy" if you are going to pick up "King of Tokyo" or already have it (Hail to the king, baby!).

Game on;
-John-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |