Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark karn
United States
maryville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
We were able to try one of the scenarios that is on the game web-site.
We played ( The wreck of the black galleon . We were going to play with five players but at the last minute one dropped out to work on other things. That left us with three experienced players with a good knowledge of the ships and crew, and one player who had never played and used ships from one of the other players. Plauing with a game set in this fashion was different for all the players since we were all used to just playing a straight up game. Alot more planing went into chosing ships and crew for a forty point game. One player went with a small fast heavaly crewed fleet using only three ships which were fast and loading them down with crew. Another player also went with three ships but heavyier slower ships that could make good attacks and beat off attacks. The new player was given four good ships but no crew. the fourth player, myself, opted to go with a bit more variety. Five ships, three small fast schooners with crew to help with speed and attack, not worrying about cargo. the other to ships larger with alot of cargo room but slow.
In this scenario a ship has hit a reef and is sinking. All home islands are the same distance away. Once the ship is reaced a die is turned to count down from six each turn that treasure is taken from the ship. The race is on.while the others raced for the ship to load one or two pieces of treasure my fighting ships were able to race around and chatch them as they were heading back to home islands. The cargo ships were the fourth and fith ships to get to the wreeck but with cargo holds of 7 and 5 I was able to take most of the treasure off in the two ships I sent. The new player never even made it to the ship untill the very last round. My attack ships were able to damage one ship and sink two others before two out of the three were sank. In doing so they dissrupted the other players geting to the ship to haul gold away. The game lasted about 25 minutes and played out very well.
Player four ened up winning with 26 of the 48 points in gold. Player one ended up with 7 points, player 2 had 12pts and 3 points was still on the ship when it sank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.