Outrider» Forums » Variants

Subject: Car creator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier D.
France
Marseille
flag msg tools
Following the Vehicle Template Formula from the previous thread, I made an online car creator.
It's still under development, but I think is usable. Printing is ok for me, but I need some tester.

http://d2design.free.fr/perso/CarGen_3.html

Tell me what you think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely amazing! and it adheres to all the rules ... you can still make a Jarhead (shudder) but this is a beautiful bit of Flash (but hey, I'm biased).

When the v2 vehicle sets are out (and vehicle set 3) you'll (ahem) have some new arcs to add

-G, DFG

DarDev wrote:
Following the Vehicle Template Formula from the previous thread, I made an online car creator.
It's still under development, but I think is usable. Printing is ok for me, but I need some tester.

http://d2design.free.fr/perso/CarGen_3.html

Tell me what you think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier D.
France
Marseille
flag msg tools
aquilaprime wrote:
When the v2 vehicle sets are out (and vehicle set 3) you'll (ahem) have some new arcs to add

So, I will clean the armor part of code (it's really messy blush) to easily add some arc.
When all is OK, I will share the apps for Mac and Windows to use it offline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier D.
France
Marseille
flag msg tools
Update with a beta version of art creator, based on basic art, extended art and the Shaun unofficial cars (only 6 at the moment).
Next step, positioning arms over the art of the "nude" car instead using a art with car and arm together (hard to explain with my poor english )

http://d2design.free.fr/perso/CarGen.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heywood
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Awesome!

I like the selection of car drawings.

This is a pretty nifty way to have whatever sort of car you like!

I would also beg for a simplified B&W print option. Just black lettering on white background and big black dots for the stat side, and grey road with white or black and white striped firing arcs.

The green looks great when my prinetr cooperates, but so often it does not, and all the green is more blue and the red is mostly hot pink, all since it is the yellow ink that does not print right. Not your problem, of course, but a B&W option would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Oeder
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
I really like the creator so far. I am hoping that we can have all the new firing arcs in there soon. I would love to update the cars we have been using for awhile now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice thing!
What i'd do:
- a "map" on the side, or some faint mark on the ground to show where to click to switch the fire arcs. Hunting them with the mouse reminds me a bit that old VGA adventures
- bigger arrow for the color. On my FULL HD monitor they are a bit tricky to "hit" (again, that adventures... )
- separate a bit more the two sides of the card. I use online printing service and the very thick paper does not fold so tight. Having the sides 4 or 5 mm away from the folding line will catch any kind of paper (yes, at the cost of one more cut).
- in the future, a vector version of the actual cars, and the ability to stretch and scale them a bit, just to add even more variations.

Am i supposed to do a Printscreen to save an image? anyway to have a button that will generate an hi-res, downloadable bitmap?

Thanks for that nice app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice little app!

Suggestions for improvement:
Use a bold font for the editable text fields, to make it easier to read, and to better match the original designs.
The car's name should be italicized to match existing designs.
Add an option to "Save as PNG" instead of printing it.
Remove the first column of green buttons, to make the output compatible with the new vehicle designs in Outrider.
The disabled green lights/buttons should be darker, to match the original design.
Support for the wider primary and secondary arcs, such as the Muleskinner uses.
Allow the stripe color (secondary color) to be customized, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.