Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I like cooperative games. We'd like one we could play with just the two of us, as well as with a larger group. I've read multiple opinions on two-player SoC, and was wondering if people thought Arkham Horror might be a better two-player coop expereince.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
AH is expected for mid-July, so it's a bit early to ask for comparisons...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking to start a theoretical discussion; of course there could be no practical answers until the game is released. The rules for each are online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Ok, I'll try to be "theoretical".

Rules for AH say "for 1-8 players, but reccomended for 3-5". I'll try to play it with only 2 (and even solo) to understand if "3-5" is simply the "sweet spot" for the game (as 5 is for Princes of Florence, for example) but it also works with other numbers OR if the "1-8" tag was put just to sell more copies (however, it would be quite strange to do such a move and put a "warning" in the rules AND publish them online... so at the moment I'm inclined to believe that the former hypotesis is the true one; implying that AH should be better than SoC for 2 players since SoC is NOT designed for 2er play!).

For sure the two games have very different rules and I'm glad of it, since this could justify owning both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I was looking to start a theoretical discussion; of course there could be no practical answers until the game is released. The rules for each are online.

That depends upon whether the game has changed since its original release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.