Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just a thought as I had forgotten the player can not attack the same target in the same turn.

I take it that each Stronghold is classed as a separate target, so you can attack one and win, then declare your attacking the next one and win that as well.

I'm sure that is correct, just want to double check tho.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thing with missing numbers, but hey, I just refer to the card, so I am just going to stick with these.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
I had the same thing with missing numbers, but hey, I just refer to the card, so I am just going to stick with these.

-Ski

That is the strangest answer I have ever read on BGG.

To answer the OP question, I have been pondering the same thing, and we play that a target is a physical card - i.e. you can attack multiple strongholds in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What constitutes a target is defined in the rules (stronghold, neutral city, Enemy card or Instant):

And while you may only attack a target once per round...

...note that it does NOT say 'each type of target' so, yes, you can attack a different stronghold even if you already attacked a stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sounds like that is correct then

Since I had my memory jogged about the multiple targets thing, It made me wonder about the legality of gaining 2 or 3 strongholds in one turn.

Cheers for setting my mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregaria wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

That is the strangest answer I have ever read on BGG.

To answer the OP question, I have been pondering the same thing, and we play that a target is a physical card - i.e. you can attack multiple strongholds in the same turn.

I presume ski was actually answering another question somewhere and also had this thread open and got confused to which tab was which, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this post is old but Aaron D's point seems to be correct? Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering about this as well, so I copied the above example into an email and asked FFG. They got back to me pretty fast.

The reply was that this indeed legal and legit.

"The Undead player can indeed pull off that impressive first turn. He can secure one Stronghold per Reanimate in his starting hand, and is encouraged to do so! This early game benefit balances their lack of non-unit card draw and resource-providing effects."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
I was wondering about this as well, so I copied the above example into an email and asked FFG. They got back to me pretty fast.

The reply was that this indeed legal and legit.

"The Undead player can indeed pull off that impressive first turn. He can secure one Stronghold per Reanimate in his starting hand, and is encouraged to do so! This early game benefit balances their lack of non-unit card draw and resource-providing effects."

I like it how they provide a short argument on the "ruling".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls