Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Hall
United States
Clinton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second time I have played Domaine as a two player game, and I think it plays as well as it does with three and four players. The set up in two players allows each player to place four castles and knights normally, and then take turns placing four neutral castles (two each)and knights. This gets to be a very strategic part of the game!

It this game my opponent Sung had a good starting corner that would only take 6 fences to start a domaine and have a mine. So I placed a neutral castle and knight between his starting spot and the corner. Thus forcing him he consider builing his initial domaine elsewhere.

As the game progressed I got an early lead and had more income than he did. Sung had started across the board from where I had blocked him, and also well away from my initial domaine. We each expanded our initial domains and I also started a second smaller one just to pick up a copper mine that was not near my initial domaine.

I was feeling pretty comfortable when Sung started building fence between his castle and the the neutral one I had cornered off. We each also did land grabs as we expanded toward the middle of the board. Too late I realized he would be able to close off an 18 point domaine away from the corner, using walls I had been building toward the center.

In a last ditch effort I began builing knights to try and steal other land from him, but he kept matching or stealing my knights. When I ran out of options, he closed the big section and was within one point of game end. Now all I could do is watch as he soon got antother land grad card and expanded into unclaimed terrority for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.