Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a plan proposed by Don Johnson in the first turn for the artillery barrages:

"Here is my 20-year-old artillery plan. It has no contingency planning, so I am sure it can be improved by using if..thens. Everything fires hurricane and these are what column is used after all modifications. 1. 18 drumfire on 2319. 2. 32 rolling on 0811 3. 24 drumfire on 1620 4. 32 rolling on 1421 5. 32 rolling on 1523 6. 32 rolling on 1525 7. 26 drumfire on 1921 8. Leaving not fired 0402, HART.

My notes say to have KEH (0-1-12) try for Cambrai hex 2316 along with cav. art. This implies that the unit in 1921 is a key lynchpin unit to at least reduce to cadre before the 2nd British movement phase. And of course, the 3 32 rolling barrage attacks plus combat is supposed to create a hole in the front line ZOCs somewhere."

You can check if it works in your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
I never did work out art 20 years ago. Still fun though! thx Don, the game must b good its bac in print! I think i will buy 2nd edition, eventually.

cheers stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the above arty allocation may have assumed only 1 arty fire on each hex, but the errata clarify that both Drumfire and Rolling Barrage can be fired at a single hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.