RoboDerby: Express» Forums » General

Subject: original tiles - each as a single picture? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lestat Lioncourt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya =)

I´d like to print a game with the original tiles (white-ish colours)- but with bigger square sizes.
As I use DIN A4 paper, I cannot simply increase the pdf page to get 2-2,5 cm squares.

My question is now - is it possible to get each tile as a single picture file or single pdf page (or maybe 2 tiles per page)?
And another file for the dice?
(It should make it easier for older folks aka parents to see what is written on the dice - and I could use up my wooden cubes with 2x2x2cm).

I made one copy with malechis design (he provides also single pictures) - but how would I do that with the original version?
Reason for that is - the "capture the flag" look would go well together with the original tiles.

Any help appreciated =D

And if malechi (who began those beautiful re-designs) would also theme the other board tiles.... then I will store up on plastic blank dice *g*.

This game is so very CUTE ! *sigh* Can´t say this too often *happy* !

Greetings
DB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oi xio
Germany
Seelze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not mind wasting some Ink, you could use the special printing options of Adobe Reader (Version has to be at least "X"). In the dropdown box there is something like "Tile all pages" (I have only the German version here). Then you can set a scale percentage and how much the pages should overlap. Adobe Reader then prints the PDF in bigger size and divides it across multiple pages. You can preview the final pages with the slide beside the little page preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lestat Lioncourt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks =)

I will see if Foxit Reader does it decently.

DB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the original Google Doc where I created the graphics for the game:

http://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1xn1J0pJp9dZhlqkNBEYLuIlNz...

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but that would probably be the best place to start for being able to expand / edit the original graphics.

Thanks so much for your kind words about the game -- I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lestat Lioncourt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the file! First time I used Google Docs and I think I got at least the tiles now singled out (There was no way I could make my browsers copy / paste - but I worked round that).

I enjoyed it (the game) so much, that I did look up Roborally and discovered it´s not the cheapest game round (esp if one wanted the first or second edition).

Your game would fit into any travel bag !

*goes back to fiddling with files*

DB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My first game: BASKETmind, a 5-on-5 basketball match
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar idea, I didn't want the spaces to be the same size than the robot dice, I wanted them bigger. I made image captures of each of the boards in Malechi's file, and created mine with boards 14 cm wide (spaces of 28 mm for the 19mm dice):

I don't regret at all, the final game is not as portable as the versions shown here (bigger and heavier), but my kids and I have loved the first robot derbies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.